Remember Capitals?

Liam

In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people who send text messages and emails have long forgotten the art of using CAPITAL letters.

For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the following statement:

"Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse........and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that now? :oops:

You've met my Uncle Jack, then...

It's a subject I totally agree with, but it seems to win you no friends and earn you no thanks when you point it out. I blame texting for the laziness. Correct usage of the language does appear to have become a luxury. The use of capitals and punctuation not only avoids mistakes, it also shows that you want the reader to understand and enjoy what you say. It's a courtesy, not a crime.

Flame away.

Bit like punctuation, eats shoots and leaves......... :t-up:

. itS a cAr foRum nOt a eNgLisH leSSo. N dOnT knoWS Why peO. plE go ON AbouT it TO Be hoNesT. Im THe WoRlDS woRSt B. UT i dOnt care im me anD i F you d. onT likE . TouGH **** you NE. ED To gET a LIfe , NOt ME

I . F IT WAs FOLK WERe DOING . IT IN A JOB .aPLiCaTIOn THEn Th aTs DI. FerEnt But TheRE iS more TO .. LiFE thaN A few CAPITaLS oR full StOPS .

ay captain :laugh::t-up:;):yes::love:

• Like 2

:d :d :d morning mate i knew if i went fishing i would catch a northern big mouthed bass drinker ;):d

I'd put in more smileys but can't from my iPad :d

:d :d :d morning mate i knew if i went fishing i would catch a northern big mouthed bass drinker ;):d

I'd put in more smileys but can't from my iPad :d

chuffin i pad :laugh: there for girls :yes: though i do hate propa txt speak ,especially in emails etc does my f***** sweed in does that

Least thats what i told the wife when i bought it!

She hasn't seen it since. :blush::devil:

You've met my Uncle Jack, then...

It's a subject I totally agree with, but it seems to win you no friends and earn you no thanks when you point it out. I blame texting for the laziness. Correct usage of the language does appear to have become a luxury. The use of capitals and punctuation not only avoids mistakes, it also shows that you want the reader to understand and enjoy what you say. It's a courtesy, not a crime.

flamed.gif

cORRECTED THAT FOR YOU. b****Y CAPITALS :d

Edited by Matt Seabrook

London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid.

Enough?

London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Brussels, Madrid.

Enough?

Yes but ultimately wrong....

Surely the capital of France is "F"? :oops::d

OK, so...

"E"ondon, "F"aris, "I"ome, "G"erlin (or should that one be "A"erlin) "B"russels, "S"adrid. (or "E"adrid)

OK, so...

"E"ondon, "F"aris, "I"ome, "G"erlin (or should that one be "A"erlin) "B"russels, "S"adrid. (or "E"adrid)

G'erlin would only be A'erlin in F'rance, it would surely be D'erlin in it's native tongue... :p