Reasons to have a roll cage !

mark.anson

So true Mark

I saw a Westie roll right in front of me when marshalling at Harewood. Very little room left to get out and that was at low speed. Dread to think about a high speed roll.

I suppose it's weight saving not having one....

Yes but it's head saving having one :)

Great piece of driving :d

Serious note though, agree completely, can't see why you wouldn't have one ???

That's Cateringvans for you...... :laugh:

Just awaiting Luke to get back to me with Measurements, then maybe spending more money :cry::laugh:

I keep wondering about using wrist straps on track as well, there's a lot of videos where the driver either puts his arms out (as above) or they just flail out to get snapped/crushed as the car barrel rolls :(

Even an RAC bar for the road is an essential.

A good friend of mine had a friend who bult a Westy many many years ago and rolled it. The standard hoop bent and off came one side of the chaps face. I dont know this man, but from what my friends says, it was horrendous and his face will never be right despite many operations to rebuild it. According to what my friend says he is extremely lucky to be alive.

Fraser

Another potential advantage of a full cage is that it stiffens up the centre and rear sections of the chassis, which may improve the roadholding, and eliminate any possible weight penalty.

To be honest if you look at the stats there's probably more chance of being killed on the road on the way to a sprint than competing.