Why can't I upload an avatar pic from my computer/Photobucket

chazpowerslide

As above.

Can't seem to use URL or upload from pc to get an avatar pic up.

Spent an hour trying now.................

It just says "picture not uploaded"

Help...............

TIA

Chaz.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• peterg

• Owen9364

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I had similar issues till I, er, took notice of the image size suggestion! It doesn't seem to like larger images, but provided its at least smaller than 300 pixel by 300 it does seem to load OK. It was the cropping bit that threw me; I assumed I could just upload and crop to what I wanted online.

Me too, can't upload an avitar pic from my pc or from a url: Not any size any suggestions?

westan.gif

I had problems until I resized my file from 500 pixels to 300, then it uploaded straight away :p

I have managed it but the site re-sizes it to 100x100 which has squashed it sideways so ity looks pants..............

I'm still playing with it and when I'm done I'll try again............ :devil:

Chaz.

I have managed it but the site re-sizes it to 100x100 which has squashed it sideways so ity looks pants..............

I'm still playing with it and when I'm done I'll try again............ :devil:

Chaz.

some might say it has improved the look of the car :oops:;)

had resize pic to 150 pixels. was told pics had to be over 200. that was a waste of 2hrs. :cry: :cry:

Thanks Cleggy :cry:

Chaz.

Only kidding Chaz - happy New Year to you :love:

I have done it ! I tried using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and it worked ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :t-up:

I obeyed the >200pixel rule and it worked, but is cropped wrongly. Crop adjust doesn't work. It's not life threatening so I'll leave it...

I obeyed the >200pixel rule and it worked, but is cropped wrongly. Crop adjust doesn't work. It's not life threatening so I'll leave it...

The 'crop' function just basically shows you where the square the website needs to use for your avatar is positioned on your photo, the other problem is that it expects a square photo to start with so as others, including me, have found, if your photo is rectangular (and as most cars and bikes are that shape our photos tend to be as well) it expands the height to fit the square (92 x 92 pixels) whilst cropping both ends off the vehicle in question :cry: