Is there another way?

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

Ok I give up, you can shove paypal where the sun dont shine.

I'm prepared to re-join, I'll send a cheque, I'll pay by credit card, I'll pay by debit card.

Anything but paypal,

I must have wasted 3 hours of my life trying to login/reset my password/phone and speak to a human, and none of it works!!! :bangshead:

Mr Hurdsfield how come your a Pro Drifter and i'm a learner?

perhaps i need more lessons :westy:

Couldn't agree more, Paypal sucks. Wont let me and Mrs H both have a paypal account, because we have shared accounts and shared credit card (only one).

I dont want a paypal account, and if I have created one, it is using my debit card which expires in 4 months, so yah boo sucks to paypal.

Why cant we just pay to the Club with credit or debit card?

One for the committee, if they're reading this.

What about the many hundreds of members (I assume there lots out there)

Who dont have a pc, have no interest in the internet, dont know that paypal even exists!

How will they renew?

I have no beef with the comittee or the new new format of the site, it's very similar to another site I frequent.

I dont seem to have anyway of using paypal, if I try a new logon it tells me another user (me) has a credit card with the same number, so i cant use it :bangshead:

And i cant contact them without loging in, and a cant login cos' I dont know my password, and the online help keeps sending back to the same page that wants my password, and when I click on the "i've forgotten my password" it wants to know my password, I've been round in that many circles I'm dizzy :angry:

But if they have no PC access, they won't need instant Boardroom access, will they. In which case, as was explained in one of the admins threads, they can still quite easily renew by post with a cheque. Sorry, but I don't see the problem?

(though I must admit PayPal can be a right pain at times)

• Like 1

What about the many hundreds of members (I assume there lots out there)

Who dont have a pc, have no interest in the internet, dont know that paypal even exists!

How will they renew?

I would guess they don't need to renew if they don't use the boardroom and therefore their membership would continue as normal.

IIRC the renewal was necessary as there was no easy way to transfer all the members to the new forum in a way that would destinguish between those that had paid and those that were simply boardroom users. Hence it became necessary for us to register in some way to overcome that.

The system has some serious teething troubles - hope they're sorted - it recognises my username as already being registered but doesn't recognise my postcode or membership number and I also don't have a paypal account - (and can't have one for reasons I do not wish to make public)

Not having a paypal account - does this mean the end of WSCC Membership ??? very short sighted if it does

why cant i reply to some of my previous posts i had made before the change over ????

Hi Neo,

It's because your account has been reset to a forum user, you will need to upgrade your account using this guide, you will then be upgraded to a full member again ---->> See this post http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/91755-welcome-to-the-new-wscc-forum/

The system has some serious teething troubles - hope they're sorted - it recognises my username as already being registered but doesn't recognise my postcode or membership number and I also don't have a paypal account - (and can't have one for reasons I do not wish to make public)

Not having a paypal account - does this mean the end of WSCC Membership ??? very short sighted if it does

Hi Mark,

Yes we did have some teething troubles at first and we hope most of them are sorted now, unfortunately, work gets in the way of testing :d;)

Anyways, Yes you can still pay the old way via cheque but you may have to wait up to 28 days for it to get processed which was one of the driving forces behind this change.

If you still want to pay this way then I would be glad to give you the details.

We can appreciate everyone has different circumstances and we have tried to cater to everyone's needs, so hopefully we can get you sorted in some way.

Regards

Tigger