O/T PC printers

Darrell O'Neill

Can anyone recommend a good cheap wireless printer, does'nt have to be anything fancy, but Im getting fed up being shafted for ink cartridges for the Epsons Ive always had.

Are the Kodak ones any good? Hardly every print any photo's, mainly for small business use, letters and invoices etc,

Which? magazine nearly always recommend Canon printers as the best for running costs and quality, I've had a Canon iP4300 for years now and it's been very good so check out their latest range  ;)
  • Like 1

Kodaks are fine - I have one. Ink is cheap but the cartridges don't last long. For me it's fine as my old HP ones used to dry up before I'd used them but if you print more, you might want to look up running cost comparison somewhere.

Geoff

Darrell, I just checked the Which? results online and the latest sub£50 wireless printer recommendation is :

HP Photosmart 5510 e-AIO (B111a/CQ176B)  £49.99 at Comet, Amazon and John Lewis. It's an All-in-one printer so scans and copies as well.

Pros: Sharp quick text prints, consistent colour print quality, good copy quality, wi-fi, print from mobile devices and via email.

Cons: Scanned text a little distorted, no auto-duplexing.

Can anyone recommend a good cheap wireless printer, does'nt have to be anything fancy, but Im getting fed up being shafted for ink cartridges for the Epsons Ive always had.

I have an old Epson that I have had for a while but buy cheapo inks onlline ie 365ink  , cheaps as chips to run, you occasionally need a little patience to fiddle with the odd one that the machine wont recognise , but they all work in the end . I would say that when I want to print photo keepers at A4, I get them printed online , as I would have thought the inks would not last the same as quality stuff .

get a set of ebay inks with the chips that can be refilled/reset...

don't think any are much cheaper than any other by any significant margin.

Get a cheap mono laser printer - very  economical  to run.

I bought one in 2005 for home use. My son used it throughout university . Two years ago I bought a replacement cartridge for it ( about £40)

Another +1 for Canon, been using an IP5000 for years and the walls are littered with photos. Good colour reproduction and they don't fade.

The thing with printers arethey are a 'loss leader', they sell the printers at a loss to make the money on selling ink at an extortionate rate. HP ink is more expensive than human blood

There's an idea. Use own blood for the red, tap up a Royal for blue and.....ah...run out of ideas now :-(

I picked up a Canon Pixma MG3150 in Asda yesterday

Reduced from £69 down to £49

First impressions it seems ok and will do what I want it for