Essex Area Meeting

Mark (smokey mow)

Yep, it was another good meet despite some softies not braving the cold.

Also, orders have been given out:-

Smokey to ensure the media is up-to-date with the Essex Going's on, the Sun has been informed

Pistol Pete is going to arrange our first run-out end Mark/April if he can bother to fix his car

Johny88 is going to double his post count by the end of the month :d

Well done guys and thanks for coming

Tiggs

Thanks Paul, and just to add that if any of the Essex members have any ideas for potential runs out, shows, meets etc please post up or let any any of us know. We're hoping to draw on the sucess of 2011's meets and in 2012 have even more presence and activity, so please tell us your ideas so we can get something organised.

As mentioned Pistol will be working on a run for march/april time and we also discussed doing a pre-pub blat for club meet days so we do a morning run that then finishes at the pub for refeshment and the usual tyre kicking.

Likewise we hope to resurect the the Essex Areas column in the club magazine to let the world know what we've all up to and show them how much fun we're having :d so let me know if you have anything to share and we can put some words together.

Sounds good,looks like I need to increase my limited mileage limit.

• Like 1

Sounds good,looks like I need to increase my limited mileage limit.

Yes I think so John, you've done more miles this year than you have in the last 19 years, no wonder your car looks so pristine ;)

Just add an extra 50 miles before each runnout :d :d :d

Just add an extra 50 miles before each runnout :d :d :d

I could spin the wheels while Polishing them!! before each runout

I could spin the wheels while Polishing them!! before each runout

Nice to see that post count is creeping up john :d

Whens next one guys? I'll pop along

Hi Porkie, Sunday Feb 12th will be the next one. It'd be good to see you if you're able to make it and maybe that rather rapid westfield of yours too :cool:

I would have been there if I wasn't working, good to get a reminder, can I do something to get the reminders e-mailed to me or is there a flashy I-Phone app that Ican get? I sure someone said you can get one that links up to forums......

Matt

Thanks Paul, and just to add that if any of the Essex members have any ideas for potential runs out, shows, meets etc please post up or let any any of us know. We're hoping to draw on the sucess of 2011's meets and in 2012 have even more presence and activity, so please tell us your ideas so we can get something organised.

As mentioned Pistol will be working on a run for march/april time and we also discussed doing a pre-pub blat for club meet days so we do a morning run that then finishes at the pub for refeshment and the usual tyre kicking.

Likewise we hope to resurect the the Essex Areas column in the club magazine to let the world know what we've all up to and show them how much fun we're having :d so let me know if you have anything to share and we can put some words together.

Mark,

I was speaking to the owner of 8 Ball Diner on the a12 a while back about a kitcar night as i know they do other evening i.e hotrods, bikes, minis etc..

He didnt do a kitcar night but said if we can get enough people envolved he may consider it... then could go from there, have a blat up the a12 to ipswich...

Hi Chaps sorry for not replying sooner this thread had dropped off my radar :oops::durr:

I would have been there if I wasn't working, good to get a reminder, can I do something to get the reminders e-mailed to me or is there a flashy I-Phone app that Ican get? I sure someone said you can get one that links up to forums......

Matt

Hi Matt, not being a smartphone user I have little knowledge on apps etc but maybe the Essex Area Technology Guru (AKA Tigger) can give us a steer on this.

There's a few ideas I'd had to keep members updated of monthly meets and runs out. Firstly there'll be more frequent posting in this area of the Boardroom so everyone knows what's happening in advance. We had some excellent turn outs at the monthly meets last year achieved largely through word of mouth but there's many members who aren't necessarily contactable in that way.

I'm aware from last years Essex blat to meet the neighbours Tigger has a basic contacts list, which maybe we could update and add to if local members are interested in being kept up to date by email? Or alternatively as has also been suggested we could set up a facebook page as some of the other areas have done (eg Cambridge)? or refresh the Essex Area website.

We're very much open to ideas and discussion at the moment so please let me know your thoughts on the above or any other suggestions you may have.

Mark,

I was speaking to the owner of 8 Ball Diner on the a12 a while back about a kitcar night as i know they do other evening i.e hotrods, bikes, minis etc..

He didnt do a kitcar night but said if we can get enough people envolved he may consider it... then could go from there, have a blat up the a12 to ipswich...

Chirs, thanks for the heads up. I'm not sure at the moment we've got enough regular attendees to the WSCC meets to contribute much to their numbers but speeking personally I'd be interested in tagging along to a generic kit car event should they decide to try something in the future. :t-up:

One of the guys at work is supporting his brother in the Formula vee http://www.750mc.co.uk/F-formula-vee.php race series this year and has suggested that we could all come along to a race meet. It seems like a good 'down to earth' series and there is often some other good racing on the same day. A good drive up, a few gazebos, a bit of racing, some flapping of the gums - recipe for a good day out me thinks? We could circulate a date and if the weather is good we go, if not, we give it a miss....

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/Circuit%20Date%20planner%202011%20Plan%20G.pdf

22nd May or July 31st at Snetterton looks good

Thoughts? If enough interested I will have a chat with him and see how we could make it work.

Good idea Matt, the drive up the A134 through Suffolk to Thetford is very pleasant and one I do regularly in the Westfield :t-up: I shall run the idea past our events planner Pistol at the next meet. The link you've posted though is to the 2011 calender :oops: any idea what the 2012 dates are? I can't see a schedule yet?

As another idea anyone fancy an outing to North Weald for one of their run what you brung day's? They've got 4 date for 2012, I did it 2 years back and it was good for a laugh and to see how fast or slow you were against other cars on a timed standing 1/4 mile. All you need is a helmet to compete.

http://www.northwealdmotorsport.co.uk/testntune.html

Well spotted, this is the current one http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/Circuit%20Date%20planner.pdf

I did the 'run what you brung' a few years back as well, it was hot that day and as there is no shelter burn to a crisp, good fun if you in a group though as loads of room to 'set up camp'. There was a real mix of cars and cheap as chips to enter. Believe it or not but the fastest car on the day was a supercharged 1.8 4WD Golf......

Hi All,

I'm getting the Westfield sorted out for lots of use this year so I'm interested in both those ideas above :t-up:

Another thing I was looking at was the North Weald Activity day http://www.carlimits.com/script/viewEvents.php?type=airfieldactivity&month=20120201 it's only £39 and just down the road from me. Has anyone done this before? Would anyone fancy it for one event early this year?

Both the 750 motor club and car limits sounds great.

Looks like there isn't a Snetterton one this year for the v's, but they are at Brands on the 28/29 April. I presume the Sunday 29th will have more racing if anyone is interested. Went a couple of years ago and the locost and saxmax are fanastic.

I'll start a new thread for this.