Interview with Julian Turner

SteveHindle

Beware.. virus exploit on the link above !!

Craig

That's what I got as well!

Beware.. virus exploit on the link above !!

Craig

That's what I got as well!

And me! :angry:

Firstly, many apologies for the malware found on Skiddmark.com. Steve Davies, CEO of Fitch Media (who own Skiddmark) tells me the following

It is basically a malicious piece of code that got into 2 of my sites and which (may) redirect some users to a Russian site.  I have been tracking it for the past few weeks and deleting the code where it arises, but the

full-proof solution is to rewrite the website from scratch (since the virus has basically hidden itself in the code and will take a long time to find).

I therefore took the opportunity to redevelop SkiddMark (it's almost finished) and will be re-launching the site later this week (minus the virus).  This particular virus affected 20% of the internet, so it's been a pretty big issue for a lot of sites during the past month.

I therefore took the opportunity to redevelop SkiddMark (it's almost

finished) and will be re-launching the site later this week (minus the

virus).  This particular virus affected 20% of the internet, so it's been a

pretty big issue for a lot of sites during the past month.

Steve

I've checked on my laptop and I can't see any evidence of malware BUT, I'm very aware that some of you will have far more sophisticated software than my Norton 360. If you do come across this issue again, please let me know and I'll get straight back to Steve. Also, Steve mentioned that if in doubt, you can run a site check through this free online tool -

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/scanner/

So once again, "sorry" for those who experienced problems but hopefully it's now fully sorted.

Steve

I didn't have a problem, just that my firewall flashed up a warning that it had blocked a virus. Fortunately, my computer recently had a full overhaul and cleanup, and in doing so would have had the anti-virus etc. software all updated. Otherwise, I might be looking at "filth" and unable to escape from it now!!

He wasn't exactly illuminating in his glowing vision of  the future for Westfield was he?

ie He didn't actually let much out at all...

Firstly, many apologies for the malware found on Skiddmark.com. Steve Davies, CEO of Fitch Media (who own Skiddmark) tells me the following

How appropiate that Steve D is CEO of Skiddmark and is associated with malware

Apologies to John, a man who, by self-definition, is both handsome and a genius. I now understand that his post was aimed at a fellow owner and not my editor!

Steve

The future of Westfield :

1 - An expensive Sport Turbo for export

2 - A cheaper alternative for UK with the kits

3 - A Westfield based on the GTM concept ?

4 - who knows...

1 and 2 : OK but will it be enough ?

3 : Will it come on time vs new Ginettas and new Caterham (à la Lotus Elise) ?

How appropiate that Steve D is CEO of Skiddmark and is associated with malware

This is a Joke! ;)

Different Steve D

I think he did what most would do in his place. He was quite open they saw a flotation which now will not happen. All the things they have bought have been victims of changes in the way the market went. But lets look at the positives, they are still there, they have no intention of getting out of kits and are looking at new models.

Caterham is now in a different league but the differance is caterham owners are very loyal and see themselves as part of a great thing, which with F1 this will see their profile go much higher.

Lets see what comes in a few years.

Usual smoke & mirrors for me. I reckon Westfield will be in the same place in 2014 if the group haven't sold it on by then...

Buzz

• Like 1