Intercom Kit

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

We have an autocom in the umbrella stand, unbeatable imho.

Practice headsets for tootling. in helmet for longer jaunts. linked to a Kenwood 2 way for "car to car" with push to talk. Can plug the phone in too, but that would mean i'm contactable :-) so haven't bothered.

works at any speed up to the legal limit (and I would imagine much more Ahem)

I'm aeroscreened 

I've done a bit more research and found a few retrofit solutions like the Nolan kit or Chatterbox, Autocom, Cardo, Interphone... All have their pros and cons and prices range from £25 to £250!

However, I "think" I'm taken with VCAN 210 Helmet (http://www.vcansports.com/blinc.html). Anyone used one?

HM never needed an intercom when she travelled part way to Le Mans every year.

Waving a hand in front of my face meant "slow down"

Pointing to her crutch meant "I need a loo"

Making the sign of one hand being a saucer and the other hold a delicate porcelain cup handle complete with the pinkie sticking out meant "I need coffee" 

Nothing else was needed.

By the way, part way means she would blag a lift with anyone who had a screen and doors at Portsmouth.

Main useage will be for SatNav and phone. Just reading up on some reviews but so far looking good...

I found I didn't need either. Only used my SatNav once and that was to find an upholsterer in a maze of back streets in Rennes. Phone stayed in pocket. If HM was with me I wasn't bothered about anyone else ringing me.