Intercom Kit

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

I have just fitted the "BT Interphone" intercom kit, it has everything I was looking for.

Its bluetooth, so no wires all over the car  :t-up:

You can use your mobile through it

You can listen to music through it

plus

On track days you can chat to your passenger/instructor

All for £35.......  It was from ebay tho

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

This seems quite cool - is it just a set of earphones and a mic that you stick in your ear/inside the lid, then the 'handset' sits somewhere in the car to do all the clever bits?

Cheers!

The 2 headphones you velcro inside you helmet, the mic is connected to 1 on the headphones on a long enough stiff wire so that comes round the front by your mouth.

Then the head phone jack plugs into the bluetooth bit on the side of your helmet (this does all the cleaver bits), thats all the wires there is, nothing needed in the car.

Then for music and phone calls, you just bluetooth it from your phone.

Aaahh, I see now. That 'handset' isn't actually a handset, it's the BT transmitter/receiver, and you stick it to your lid. Thanks for that.

Had chance for a field test yet? Currently fitting an aeroscreen and chatting to SWMBO was tricky enough before the need for a helmet...

Sounds good.  I've been looking at simple intercom solutions for track days, and this might fit the bill :)

How well does it operate at speed?  From reading up on the web, some say it's ok up to 60 .. others up to 85 (in track!).  I'd be really interested in hearing your experiences :)

I haven't been out with it on yet (as I have no wheels for my car as yet, plus it off the road until next year) but an instructor was using one when we were at Blyton Park a couple of months back (not with me having a lesson) and he swears by it, he said he's tried most of the others and this is the best so far for not a lot of money.

If anyone still has their car on the road and wants to try it, you can come and pick me up from Swindon and we can go for a drive.

I bought something similar except it was a Blinc system.

Did it work, yes!

How good was it?

Not very.

Upto 30mph it worked, after that it was a waste.

If it offered up inner earphones, it'd be MUCH better.

• Like 1

All for £35.......  It was from ebay tho

Is that from HK/China? I can find a single for ~£39 but a set inside the UK seem to be £90 ish.

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

I forgot to say that it is 2nd hand, the guy had only used it once....... so it may be rubbish at top speed, but when at top speed I wont be talking. ill be concentrating    :p

Ill let you know next year

Aah - in that case, yes, sounds like a bargain!

As you said, over a certain speed you won't be chatting anyway :)

• 1 year later...

Bit of a resurrection of this post as I'm looking for a BT headset so I can listen to my TomTom Rider, and phone if necessary. Things have moved on a bit I'm sure. Scalar seem to be cropping up at the moment but does anyone have other thoughts? Anyone used a lid where it's all built in?

I can connect mine to my phone and listen to music and Google Nav. BUT I haven't tried this while the 2 headset are connected together

I tried my "chatterbox" out for the first time last week and couldnt get the in ear headphones to stay in my ear. 

Interested to see what the ones with the stick on speakers turn out to be like. 

You can't beat (in my very limited opinion) the Autocom kit. Got the Logic system with bluetooth, excellent quality upto 70mph +