JK Seats (unused)

godsy1969

I measured my floorpan area and from memory it was 43cm on the drivers and 42.5 ish on the passenger (without side panels) - so the 42.5 will be very tight on the drivers side and maybe an impossible fitment on the passenger side, but you never know it may fit with some fettling  :suspect:

I ended up ordering the 39cm for the passenger side - when the seats arrived I found out I could fit in the 39cm seat (6 foot 2" and 14.3 stone)

I will still use the 42.5" seat in the drivers side as that will allow me to get padded up for winter driving plus allow for the odd bigger driver who might get in the car (no names there  :laugh: )

I measured my floorpan area and from memory it was 43cm on the drivers and 42.5 ish on the passenger (without side panels) - so the 42.5 will be very tight on the drivers side and maybe an impossible fitment on the passenger side, but you never know it may fit with some fettling  :suspect:

I ended up ordering the 39cm for the passenger side - when the seats arrived I found out I could fit in the 39cm seat (6 foot 2" and 14.3 stone)

I will still use the 42.5" seat in the drivers side as that will allow me to get padded up for winter driving plus allow for the odd bigger driver who might get in the car (no names there  :laugh: )

I was planning to do the same, with the smaller seat on passenger side, but I think I could easily squeeze in two big 'uns in the buggy as it currently has two Cobra Monacos which are 49.5cm wide at the frt edge.....

Yep, as I say, the plan had been to get one of each size - as that's what other have said they needed to do. But will give it a try - I don't want to be butchering a seat to make it fit though...

Seats picked up yesterday, many thanks Carl.

Not had a chance to try fitting yet, though in a test drive on the garage floor, they're really comfy  :blush:  :D  :laugh:

• 1 month later...
Well, drivers side's in. But sadly the passenger side doesn't fit, didn't really think it would, and it seems such a shame to start butchering an untouched seat to make it go in.

Well, drivers side's in. But sadly the passenger side doesn't fit, didn't really think it would, and it seems such a shame to start butchering an untouched seat to make it go in.

Replied to your PM, waiting to press money into your palm... :D  :D

Replied to your PM, waiting to press money into your palm... :D  :D

If he offers you a pianola in part exchange, let me know :p  :D

you need a 40cm. wide matching seatfor the passenger side in a wide tunnel Westie, or a 39cm. wide one if your usual passenger(s) dont have big a**es!

Yep, sold to Mr Lippy, (will give you a call after five when I'm in Boardroom withdrawal cold Turkey).

Thanks Stephen, yes, I spoke to Jordan at JK yesterday and ordered an N3946 to match; I was going to go for the N3943, thinking it would be a bit easier to fit being narrower at the shoulders, but as Jordan pointed out, there's also quite a bit of height difference too. So the N3946 it is  :D  :xmas:

Should be ready in a couple of weeks  :t-up: then I'll have matching seats again  :laugh: (went out for a pub lunch with an old friend today and it didn't half look odd in the car park with one WF Sport seat and one JK  :suspect:  :oops:  :blush:  :laugh: )

Picked up the seat from Monsieur Le Gadget this morning,,,,, :t-up:

V,v,nice quality these JK's, and a very accomodating Mr Gadget.. :yes: :yes:

Now to make some bracketry to slot it into our buggy.....

Now Gadget Dave and I would like someone to sell off a pair of 39 in wide ones so we can split those too please!... ???:laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Surely there's someone out there who's eaten too much over Christmas and needs bigger seats now? :o:laugh:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.