Torque setting for rear hub nuts??

Justhe1

My rear nuts are loose!! :0  :p

Had the car jacked up today and found that the rear hub/driveshaft nuts have some play and are loose (cheers Dave O for your help!;).

I know these have to be FT, but does anyone know the correct setting, so I can inform my local garage when I popo down there tomorrow??

Thanks,

J

Is that a Westfield specific torque Stepps as I have just looked up the rear hub bearing on a Sierra and that would be 250-290nm or 185-210ish lbf as the rear set up is very Sierra I was a bit surprised to see 20% more torque required?  :blush:

The torque setting is as per the build manual and that's also what the Factory said when I phoned and asked - thought it was a mis-print :blush:

Hey, Stepps.... my eyes are better than I thought, I can read your reg plate in the cartoon :D  :D  :D

Regards

John

Just replaced my rear IRS hub bearing - it was 41mm AF or 1 5/8" I got the socket from my Draper rep - they cost about £3.00. It aint worth paying any more as you use it once and loose it!! :)  :D

Is that a Westfield specific torque Stepps as I have just looked up the rear hub bearing on a Sierra and that would be 250-290nm or 185-210ish lbf as the rear set up is very Sierra I was a bit surprised to see 20% more torque required?  

It is definately lbf ft even though it does seem high. Both the manual and the factory confirmed this to me too!

Hey, Stepps.... my eyes are better than I thought, I can read your reg plate in the cartoon      

Or is it just that you know what it is and can fill in the gaps?

But has anyone got a socket to fit the rear nuts?  I cant find one anywhere

Cheapest way to buy is to get an impact socket in black finish rather than a nice chrome finish one! Most motor factors will do them.

as you use it once

Not true!!!

I found my one makes a perfect anvil for making ali brackets for the larger bore pipework on my build :D  :D  :D

JC

• 12 years later...

My 2015 supplied Westfield hubs have a 31mm (1 1/4") nut on my Mega S2000. I've got a bit of play in both rear hubs after circa 1500 miles. Do these also need to be done up to 250 lbft?

On a Sierra hub, I think it was 250nm not ftlb from memory when doing mine up ridiculously tight.

What hubs are on the S2000 Ian? Don't think the factory use Sierra ones.

Edit now thinking it was 250ftlb! Sorry just adding confusing info! Ignore me!

On a Sierra hub, I think it was 250nm not ftlb from memory when doing mine up ridiculously tight.

What hubs are on the S2000 Ian? Don't think the factory use Sierra ones.

I believe them to be from Hi Spec.

• Like 1

Looking at various posts suggests 250ftlb is right, but a call to factory or a response from someone with better memory than me would help!

• Like 1

Yes Ian they need to be 250ftlb 339 Newton meters , what did you torque them to?