Thames Valley Area + all Area's

Steven Thorne

i knew one of the drivers there and they are told in the drivers brief that it is still classed as a open high way so the legal speed limit must be obeyed (90mph)  

oops i mean (60mph)   sorry

You could do that sideways up the hill  :laugh:

There were cars which were not historic going up the hill I am sure if the club approached they would consider this as a group.

We could do with a contact on the committee

As the modern cars were mainly (exclusively?) Ferraris and Astons etc., I suspect that there was an arrangement with donations of folding stuff. JK, Chris Evans, the owner of Wycombe Wanders; all been there at various times and wouldn't miss a shilling or two. Nice idea though and I'll ask my daughter's partner who has lived in Risborough all his life and whose late Mum was a town councillor if he knows anyone on t'committee...

My local man (daughter's partner) says he knows a few people on the committee so I've asked him to have a word. I assume it would be a Thames Valley/Bucks, Herts and Beds joint venture? ???

I see no reason why it shouldn't be a joint venture. We had hoped to make it an area run out this year but unfortunately both Tim and I had other comitments.

Still I'm looking forward to next year :D

It seems that when I sent him the committee members' list he realised that knows only one, the principal organiser Peter Lewis, because he's done some IT work for him. He also says that he doesn't see him often so might not be able to help much. I'm afraid this idea could turn out to be a damp squib... :down:

Mike Greasby is the chap who should be approached, I think, as he's car-clubs member on the committee. I take it that your email to them resulted in a deafening silence Chris?

I got a response, answer is no to going up the hill but could have parking area in paddock, perhaps we would have to do staged approach, increasing expectation each year.