Thames Valley Area + all Area's

Steven Thorne

I shall probably be there - I have been for the previous two events. Hopefully the weather will be kinder this time than last!

Went last year and planning on going this year .

If its dry I mite take the westfield , anyone else ?

I'll be there on Saturday, but going with the kids, so won't be in the Westy

Was going to email you about this event Steve. Glad I looked on here 1st  :blush:  :blush:

I am hoping to get along on Sunday, as I have commitments on Saturday. Forecast is not looking too bad...........certainly miles better than last year!!

David

Went there Saturday and it was an excellent day; far nicer weather than last year and far more people. This is becoming quite a significant event on the motorsport calendar. It's a shame the runs cannot be against the stopwatch but the borders of the run are earth banks - very hard! :oops:

I noticed that the truly quick cars, Ferraris and Astons etc., chicken out as the gradient steepens just as they are going out of sight of the spectators. Brake lights come on... I guess that such cars are doing loony speeds by this point and as there isn't much stopping distance at the top discretion is the better part, etc. It is still technically an NSL road as well.  :suspect:   Quite a few of the real oldies failed to make it - one Riley blew something under the bonnet leaving a trail of metal fragments and a very disconsolate owner. :down:

One downside is that people like Chris Evans and JK turn up...

Been there this morning  :D  :D  :D  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: ......... No Chris Evans  :D  :p  :D  :D  

Excellent collection of cars, with various levels of performance and commitment by their drivers  :cool:  :devil:  :cool:  :cool:

As MOTCO says much more popular than last year, and they have secured event for next 5 years  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Quite a wind blowing across today, but at least no rain  :D  :D  

One for the calender next year.

David

i knew one of the drivers there and they are told in the drivers brief that it is still classed as a open high way so the legal speed limit must be obeyed (90mph)  

oops i mean (60mph)   sorry

I went Sunday morning had a great time perhaps next year see if this could be a Thames valley event, see if we can go up the hill, I recon clerk of the course would allow

I went Sunday morning had a great time perhaps next year see if this could be a Thames valley event, see if we can go up the hill, I recon clerk of the course would allow

Westfield are historic enough I think  :D