Steering wheel boss

uk89camaro

Trying to get the arm/leg reach comfortable, and would really like an extra couple of inches on the steering wheel reach.  (I have a pop off wheel.)

Where might I look for a boss that either replaces mine, or creates an extension to it?

Cheers.

Probably not much help, but I don't think anyone sells extensions (idea for a good product anyone???).

I got my old man to knock me one up on his lathe..Works perfectly with my racetec boss:

DSC_0033.jpg

• Like 1

Contact DAVE O, on here. He used to make an alloy boss extension. HTH.

Hi Paul

Europa sell some as do others like Demon Tweeks, how mush longer do you need it to be, OH er misses!!!

Contact DAVE O, on here. He used to make an alloy boss extension. HTH.

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: as above

Have exchanged a couple of PM's with Dave, just waiting to hear if he does one for my model (unknown) of boss.

Got a local engineering company to knock me one up, works a treat

This is my plan B

I was advised by the factory to get the shaft extended after IVA, but I probably prefer the idea of an extended boss as it can be put back to standard for people that are not freakishly tall should I ever sell.

Will be watching this discussion with interest.

If you don't have any luck I could knock one up for you.

My fees would be price of materials plus beer. You would have to bring the car to me though. Would only take a couple of hours.

• 2 months later...

Probably not much help, but I don't think anyone sells extensions (idea for a good product anyone???).

I got my old man to knock me one up on his lathe..Works perfectly with my racetec boss:

DSC_0033.jpg

I managed to find a local shop to do me one very similar to that.

(I couldn't find anyone that sold an extension with a PCD of around 38mm.  I found someone that supplied a 38 to 70mm PCD adaptor, but with my indicators and horn built in I didn't want the extra work and expense.)

Hence the deeper top of the extension, as it contains the leccy bits.

Cost £35 in stainless.

IMG-20111109-00102.jpg

Demon Tweeks do them here Boss Spacer

I don't think they do one with a 38mm PCD.  Would be interested to see a link to one....

......and it really doesn't matter as I have a bespoke one for less than an off the shelf item.

uk89camaro - you know you said you knew somewhere where they do a 38 - 70mm pcd adaptor? Could you post a link where that is? My wheel is very much like yours.

If you don't have any luck I could knock one up for you.

My fees would be price of materials plus beer. You would have to bring the car to me though. Would only take a couple of hours.

What sort of manufacturing can you do? May have a little task/challange if you fancy it? (Obviously happy to pay a fee)