Westfield SEiW 2.0XE 1998

Ginger wingnut

Westfield SEiW 2.0XE, 1998 Widebody, Navy Blue with cycle wings. £7000

Possible sale of Brian james Mino Max trailer with vehicle £TBC

I am gauging interest on here for a few weeks before advertising on the likes of Piston Heads. I have had 3 great years of fun with this car but sadly a year spent working in Northern Ireland and now the prospect of 18months in Germany means i am considering letting it go.

I am in no great rush to see it move but would hate to think it had to sit in storage for a year.

In this honest forum the car is not in showroom cosmetic condition. So please if your after a show car this is not for you. It has a crack in the rear drivers side cycle wing (Pictured; They are detachable rear wings so can be replaced) and as a whole shows the test of time across her bodywork. However with a polish i think it comes up very well. I have replaced the front cycle wings and have had the 4 alloys totally refurbished by the Polished wheel company Wadebridge (fully sandblasted & re-powder coated). Similarly the seats are aging and have a tear where the harness mount has previously rubbed the rear of the seat (not easily seen but it is there).

The bad points aside it is loud, fast and in great running condition. Most importantly it has only done about 400miles since Cambelt, dry sump belt and water pump change, plus new battery this summer.

The important bits are listed below;

Vauxhall 2.0 XE 16v (Built in 2005 by Swindon Racing) 
• 215bhp @ 7,250rpm (Dyno not rolling road)
• 162 lb/ft torque @5,500rpm and 6,500rpm
• Electronic rev limiter (set to 7,600rpm)
• Formula Vauxhall cylinder head
• ARP rod bolts
• Swindon P10 profile camshafts
• Pocketed pistons
• Steel valve retainers
• SBD TP208 throttle body kit
• Jenvey throttle linkage
• Bosch cream injectors
• MBE engine management system
• Custom-made exhaust system (BTB Exhausts) – VERY loud
• Mocal oil cooler
• QED drysump system
• Pace custom-made catch tank

Quaife Type-9 close ratio straight-cut gearset (2.39 1.69 1.21)

Flowtech light alloy case

• Helix uprated clutch

• xr4x4 3.92:1 LSD diff

• Spax adjustable dampers
• Westfield springs
• 15" TSW Hockenheim Alloys (5)

Though not a race car the dry sump, LSD clutch and gearbox make it perfect to move straight into track days without any additional work. As I’ve said it is very fast and very loud the exhaust is a thing of beauty. If the noise and pace is not enough to put a smile on your face the exhaust flame out on the over-run will do it every time.

If it where in better cosmetic condition it would command a far higher price but it is pitched to sell. I would love to see it go to a new and enthusiastic member who can have as much fun as I’ve had. If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me either PM or seanparr7@hotmail.com

18579.jpeg

18580.jpeg

18581.jpeg

18582.jpeg

18584.jpeg

18585.jpeg

18586.jpeg

18587.jpeg

18588.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Good evening all, having just returned from holiday it appears there is indeed some interest in the old girl.

The car is located in the South West (Launceston approx 40mins past Exeter on the A30)

A few quick points, it has about 6months Tax and its MOT is about to expire. This will be renewed as soon as possible (More business your way Matt)

I am currently working in Northern Ireland and am unlikely to get back to the mainland for another few weeks. During this time i can arrange for the car to be viewed with my father (he prefers MX-5's but i try not to hold it against him and he does have a reasonable knowledge of the car).

Contactable on 07951900801

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all,

Well thats the old girl gone up North  :( . A pleasure doing business with you Ian, a new first time Westfield owner in the Shrewsbury area. Im sure he will be joining the club / forum shortly.

Untill i get another one all the best to you all  :t-up:

Sean

Vauxhall 2.0 XE 16v • 215bhp

drysump system

Quaife Type-9 close ratio straight-cut gearset

£7000???????

Are u mad!!?? what a deal, wish Id known about that one!

Good morning all,

Well thats the old girl gone up North  :( . A pleasure doing business with you Ian, a new first time Westfield owner in the Shrewsbury area. Im sure he will be joining the club / forum shortly.

Untill i get another one all the best to you all  :t-up:

Sean

Ian's been on the phone and is very happy with his purchase    :)

Sean

It's gone to a good home and i'm sure it will be well looked after   :t-up:

Glad to see Ian has had here out, stretching her legs.

As to £7K yep a bit on the cheap side but it was either shift it on before Xmas or consign her to an ISO container for the next year. Plus i have an ever increasing urge for a "Cobra Replica" (said in hushed voice on this forum). Once work calms down perhaps another one in Summer 2013  :p perhaps bike powered this time (the dark side)  :suspect:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.