Smokey’s Narrow rebuild

Mark (smokey mow)

Fixed that for you Mark! :t-up:

• Like 2

have to start calling you benny pmsl

You guys :laugh: :laugh: :d :d ROFL, Captain you clearly have too much time on your hands :laugh:

So while you guys have all been larking around :oops: I've made a bit more progress and finished the ecu panel and mounting bracket. Not much to show but the folder worked well putting a bend on the top edge panel and the bracket, I also formed a joddled edge on the bottom of the panel to create a nice joint with the tunnel top panel.

DSC_0583.jpg

You knew he would do it Mark!

That passenger footwell looks extremely well organised. ECU mounting bracket looks good

And I've learnt a new word...how did I get through 50 years without knowing what a joddled edge was :d

• Like 1

That passenger footwell looks extremely well organised. ECU mounting bracket looks good

And they're not even for that car :oops: I had to put the bolts from from the other car somewhere safe and that seemed like as good place as any :d

This morning the engine went back into the SDV, no video I'm afraid :d The gearbox seal now replaced together with the clutch release bearing. After a nut and bolt torque check Fraser will be pleased to know that the engine's still looking good after it's BLiNK rebuild last winter. There's still a few jobs to do to re-connect all the plumbing and electrics, but it should be back on the road and taxed by next weeked :love:

Back onto the narrow and a little progress made. This morning the postman kindly brought me the nylon for the engine mounts, I've lost count now of how many parts of my cars have been delivered on his bike :oops::t-up: I'm going with Pete's idea of nylon as it will let me run a thinner mount on the nearside of the engine so the mount can be repositioned more inboard without the need to redrill. I'll take a picture tomorrow of it fitted to help explain it better.

To make sure I cut squarely I marked using insulation tape wrapped around it and then cut using a tennon saw for a cleaness.

DSC_0588.jpg

It was a pig of a job and hard work to get through it :oops: but only needed some light sanding of the faces after to smooth them off.

DSC_0591.jpg

Engine mounts now bolted into position, yes I know I need some shorter bolts for the engine but they're all I can find in the garage at the moment :d The top half of the nearside mount was redrilled so the bottom half could be moved further inboard (hence the narrower nylon part), other than that there was no mods needed to make the Standard westfield mounts fit :t-up:

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

should of got black nylon :d looks much nicer and ligher :d you need some more holes in it :cool:

should of got black nylon :d looks much nicer

White was £1 cheeper :d

This morning the engine went back into the SDV, no video I'm afraid :d The gearbox seal now replaced together with the clutch release bearing. After a nut and bolt torque check Fraser will be pleased to know that the engine's still looking good after it's BLiNK rebuild last winter. There's still a few jobs to do to re-connect all the plumbing and electrics, but it should be back on the road and taxed by next weeked :love:

Did you beat your removal time?

Did you beat your removal time?

i wasn't timing, but no :d There was several things I did as the engine went back in again and I spent a fair while repositioning the AFM and remaking the inlet ducting. The good news is that it starts and drives again so will be taxed for the end of the week :cool:

should of got black nylon :d looks much nicer and ligher :d you need some more holes in it :cool:

You can dye nylon any colour you like by boiling it in standard Dylon clothes dye :yes: