2.0 tfsi

browa0

Are so the plan is to install a 98 RON powered water jet cutter under the bonnet  :D

In all seriousness, that sounds like a lot of pressure for amateur mechanics to be plumbing up for.

Until last year, I had a Skoda Octavia VRS which had a Revo remap to around 270bhp and nearly 300lbft of torque. It pulled superbly, so I can only begin to imagine how quick it would be in a Westfield ! The only downer was the annodyne exhaust note, but I am sure that could be sorted. Main issue will be heat from the turbo, but I guess there are plenty of members with experience of this with Cosworth turbos.

Thread hijack.

What did you do to achieve 270bhp, just a remap?

Need some pretty major work for that sort of power, Stage 2 usually (fuel pump, exhaust, intake, intercooler, new diverter valve).

My turbo tuner is a UNITRONIC dealer which ive seen bigger numbers than giac,revo,actually i was about to fit the tfsi engine,but the fabrication to adapt the T5 box to it,and many years in vauxhalls,made go with the LET route,the heat issues as mentioned,can be treated with success with few allready known ways,great engines though,and the VW 1.8T,

Are so the plan is to install a 98 RON powered water jet cutter under the bonnet  :D

In all seriousness, that sounds like a lot of pressure for amateur mechanics to be plumbing up for.

Very much so... 100 bar is not to be messed with. The 2000 bar common rail diesel will take a limb off if messed with.

Read an article, years ago now, but IIRC, it was about ultra high pressure systems, though in this case hydraulic rather than fuel.

I can't remember the exact circumstances now, but essentially he got his hand in the way of a jet of hydraulic oil coming out of a leak or whatever, at very, very high pressure. The photos and description of the accident were horrific, but essentially it sort of injected the oil deep into the tissue of his hand.  :oops:

Edited:

Eww, there's actually a name for it, high pressure injection injuries, commonly known in the hydraulics world as the liquid bullet. Do Not do a search on this, in particular, don't do an image search looking for half remembered articles  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Until last year, I had a Skoda Octavia VRS which had a Revo remap to around 270bhp and nearly 300lbft of torque. It pulled superbly, so I can only begin to imagine how quick it would be in a Westfield ! The only downer was the annodyne exhaust note, but I am sure that could be sorted. Main issue will be heat from the turbo, but I guess there are plenty of members with experience of this with Cosworth turbos.

Thread hijack.

This was a stage 1 remap done by Stealth Racing at Southam. They adjusted the map for Optimax fuel and I also had a Pipercross air filter. This was their estimate of the power output, so it may have been slightly optimistic.

Read an article, years ago now, but IIRC, it was about ultra high pressure systems, though in this case hydraulic rather than fuel.

I can't remember the exact circumstances now, but essentially he got his hand in the way of a jet of hydraulic oil coming out of a leak or whatever, at very, very high pressure. The photos and description of the accident were horrific, but essentially it sort of injected the oil deep into the tissue of his hand.  :oops:

Edited:

Eww, there's actually a name for it, high pressure injection injuries, commonly known in the hydraulics world as the liquid bullet. Do Not do a search on this, in particular, don't do an image search looking for half remembered articles  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

I work in the waste industry, and yes, this is all true and more common than you would like to know.  Refuse collection vehicles are just one big ultra-high pressure hydraulic system and when a hose bursts under load, you want to be far away.

iv got a seat leon FR TFSI and thats producing around 270BHP with roughly 290Ibs/ft torque. I have had a re curc valve put on, stage 1 P-torque remap. this meant i made 260bhp on the rollers. I then added a ITG maxogen intake kit which i believe with a stage 1 remap will give me roughly 8-10bhp extra with loads more torque so it is possible. Its difficult to get this figure any higher without changing the K03 turbo to a K04 turbo and inserting an uprated intercooler.

But yeh to the origional question iv often wondered whether this engine will fit in a westie, me thinks it would be a very fast westie once the turbo started to spool :p

dan

Edited:

I work in the waste industry, and yes, this is all true and more common than you would like to know.  Refuse collection vehicles are just one big ultra-high pressure hydraulic system and when a hose bursts under load, you want to be far away.

Don't forget that the pumps on common rail diesels are capable of very high pressure but very little volume.  Any split pipes would generally result in such a sudden pressure drop that there is zero risk of injury.  It would have to be a tiny pin-hole in a pressurised pipe to cause the type of injury described on one of these cars.

Ah, OK, that's a bit more reassuring.  :t-up: