SE R1 175BHP inc Hood & Spares

minisweeper

Well the time has come to sell as I am moving to London and have decided to swap for something with a roof which I will be able to use when I come home in any weather. Considering a VX220T / Bike/VTEC engined Mini / similar. Will be sorry to see it go but it's not much good in the rain!

Westfield SE in yellow, carbon front cycle wings and carbon rear arch protectors.

Carbon dash with ETB instruments

Sparco suede steering wheel

Westfield race seats in black

RAC Roll bar

Alloy body race Protech adjustable shocks

13" Compomotive Minilights with A021R's,

2.4 Cat Motorsport quick rack

Mintex 1144's in Ford Capri GT calipers.

Engine - 1999 Yamaha R1, fully rebuilt in 2009 (to make as new engine) - new gaskets, shims, shells, rings, bearings etc, 2001 Carbs (full setup by Dave Bogg), has mild tuning, gave 154bhp at the wheels (approx 175bhp at the crank). Pulls very strongly all the way from any revs in any gear and as a result is very usable as a fast road car.

Barnet race clutch (new 2008), upgraded springs and plates, very driveable.

Engine sits in custom fabricated engine cradle with sump guard

Tony Law race headers with Wunoff repackable brushed stainless silencer (new 2008), approx 96db.

Bailey Morris straight through prop with centre bearing and TRT which lines up perfectly with the 3.54 diff.

Lightweight radiator.

Car has had a full setup, corner weighted and balanced, ride heights, full suspension setup (balanced neutral setup) inc toe, camber etc.

Handles perfectly, very quick indeed, performs well against any other Westfield or fast road cars I have come across.

Ultra reliable, starts first time every time and sits at 80 degs all day long.

Car comes with complete history from build to present.

Spares:

1/2 doors (fitted)

Full doors

Half tonneau

Full tonneau

Roof

Roll bar with frame (for wet weather gear)

2nd set of 13" alloy wheels - Alley Cat Race with Yokohama A021R's for track use although I have never tracked it.

Box of spares includes rectifier/regulator, oil cooler, clutch puller, coil packs, oil, etc.

Also comes with fully wired in mains charger/conditioner for the battery.

MOT and Taxed until 2012

Garaged and only used on roads in the dry.

Has been looked after by a professional detailer and will be given the once over before collection if desired.

3048090-1.jpg

3048090-2.jpg

3048090-3.jpg

Asking £7,995 ono.

Also for sale is my BMW 535D - could do a bulk buy discount!

• 2 weeks later...
No interest at all?  Is it the car or the price or just the market?  I've got my eyes on a Mini so although I had a great blast out in this yesterday and really don't want to say goodbye I could do with getting at least one of my cars shifted!
  • Like 1

Lovely car, unfortunately way out of my budget - unless you'd sap for my Tf ha!

Good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...
IMHO  a V8 bonnet would be my choice over carbs sticking through the top.... or a carbon addition maybe....

Yeah the air intake is a little too off centre to cope with a V8 bonnet I think.  Could do some sort of mod but to be honest the sound that comes from the intake when you open the taps doesn't deserve to be hidden!

As far as I know it's one of the cheapest bike engined Westys on the market...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.