Mazda SDV Wiring

Mooch

My wipers wouldn't work at first. - after a lot of head scratching I finally realised that the Manual had the green and black the wrong way round.

Black is you're earth.

Now with them the wrong way round they still worked in one of the positions. But it wouldn't work for some thing else. Swapped the wires over and hey presto all working ok :)

I thought I'd seen that question asked in the past  :laugh:

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin....y803422

The build manual can be a PITA at times but it's still miles better than that supplied with most other kit cars.  Lucky for you there's enough of us on here that know the Mazda SDV's to help with any problems  :t-up:

I'm really grateful for the help - absolutely essential and its nice to know you guys are around and so willing to share your considerable knowledge.

Despite the frustrations of the build manual, I'm finding the whole process a real buzz and rather addictive - from donor car arriving on March 19th to being very close to firing up a drivable chassis in June I've found it very difficult to keep out of the garage!  

Mike

• 1 month later...

By way of an update on this thread, I though I might add that the book turned out to be right regarding the wiper wiring for the Mazda SDV after all.  

Having queried the wiring in the build manual I wired up as per the suggestions on this thread.  However,  nothing happened when I switched it on for the first time last weekend.  I rewired as per the book and it all worked as advertised.

Maybe the manual isn't that bad after all......

• 10 months later...

My turn :d

I've got the loom wired up as per the manual and with the wiper motor disconnected and the multimeter in the plug every connection seems right (apart from intermittent but I'm not using that).

However, plug the loom into the motor and nothing happens. The switch lights up to say it's on though, despite being off (my switches have tell tale indicators on them). I've got a sneaky suspicion that the permanent live and the earth is the wrong way round. When the motor is connected, I get a 12v feed at both ends of the switch, despite it being open.

It doesn't tally with any variations in the mazda loom as the earth would still be the on the wiper motor plug regardless. I'm wondering if the wires going into the plug are in the wrong places.

For info, mine is:

Pin 1 - Black

Pin 2 - Brown/Green

Pin 3 - Blue/Green

Pin 4 - Green

Pin 5 - Red/Green

I think pin 1 should be earth and pin 4 permanent live. Currently it's vice versa.

Mine is wired as per post3 and the link in that post with pin1 to earth and pin 4 as the live.

That's what I'm going to try next :yes:

I wonder if the manual is right for the OEM switch gear but not when you're trying to use aftermarket switches. I noticed in another thread after posting in this one that the Westfield loom has it as you've got.