Car is Bought!

rocket_rabbit

adam the seats in the cosworth westfield we are talking about have 1" box section under them anyway so seat rails will not rase the seats at all if the box sections are removed and rails fitted  ;)

ps adam you take anal to a whole new level you spent two weeks working out where to put two b****y stickers for god sake  :bangshead:  ;)  ;);)  :love:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rocket_rabbit

• adamnreeves

• RedditchJay

• SteveD

[quote name=SteveD' date='May 16 2011,16:03]

adam the seats in the cosworth westfield we are talking about have 1" box section under them anyway so seat rails will not rase the seats at all if the box sections are removed and rails fitted  ;)

Result

ps adam you take anal to a whole new level you spent two weeks working out where to put two b****y stickers for god sake  :bangshead:  ;)  ;);)  :love:

20 minutes = 2 weeks. Wow that's some uplift. Hope your invoicing not based on the same principle  :D Luv you back.  :D

Firstly, that's an absolutely fantastic car you have there and I bet you are counting down the minutes! Fingers crossed the weather is kind to you when you get her!

Having picked up my first Westfield with 220bhp on tap, only a week or so ago, I can only imagine what those additional 30 ponies are going to feel like!

With regards your driving position, is it the fact that you, or the missus, need to move the seat closer to the pedals?

Might seem a daft thing to say but when I first got in my car, I found the driving position really odd, (was reclined more than I like) and my confidence was immediately challenged because the view to the front of the car and general visibility, especially being so low to the ground, seemed compromised.

I needn't have worried. An hour or two later, everything felt extremely natural and I was actually astounded by how easy the car was to drive and manoeuvre. As a result I didn't have to change a thing. So my first piece of advice would be to drive the car for a while before modifying anything and see if it works for both of you. You never know!

However, whilst my seats are on rails, if I wanted to change the incline I just need to pack out the rear fixings with some spacers. This would naturally incline the seat and push me forward, thus improving leg reach slightly. Not sure if this is achievable with your set up though.

Finally, if it's a steering wheel reach issue, maybe consider a spacer to bring it closer. Ironically I use one as I like the wheel close to me but my good lady prefers to reach a bit further!  :p which has resulted in her ordering her own MOMO today! His & hers steering wheels....what has the world come too!

I'm new to all this, so hugely inexperienced to comment sensibly and knowledgably, but thought my initial experience may prove relevant and possibly a little useful!

Cheers,

Steve

Again really appreciate the help/comments offered!!

Redditch - Myself and the Mrs have done plenty of drift/car control days in my modded S2000.   Not as fast, obviously, but she can handle a slide nicely!

Gadget - yeah, i'll be at the Cheshire meets i'm sure :)

Mac - I am 6ft, the wife is 5'4 hence the need for adjustability.  However, I do like my arms bent to get some leverage on the wheel (Colin, the previous owner, was the sort of guy who bench presses Westfields, so he wouldn't have needed it!)so I would probably get an extended boss.

SteveD - if you have that rail, i'd be willing to throw some pennies your way :)

Well...it is sitting outside my house. Now, it's fast REALLY fast however it's the handling that's most impressive. The brakes too are so full of feel, as you'd expect having no servo.

The clutch is a switch. From the lights, you'll get beaten by a Daewoo matiz. From 5mph roll, you'd be on your way back in time

However I feel that the more I get used to the car (which can only be on track - you can not get near the limit on a road and I don't care if you are Ayrton Schumacher, you couldn't), the more it'll gain it's individuallity in terms of it's appeal.

By far and away the most shocking sensationthe car provides was one of complete relaxation. New car, new experience, toggle switch controls from a helicopter, Induction down one ear, exhaust down the other, wind in your face and in the dark, yet it was very calming in an adrenaline fuelled way.

There is a track day at Blyton park on 29th of May should anyone want a pax lap

Pics and clips to follow soon!

The Cheshire boys (and hopefully some others) are doing a track day at Oulton on the 25th May. I think there are places left so come and join us.  :t-up:

With regards to the seat why not make a booster cushion to slot into the seat to suit SWMBO when s he wants a go? Far easier than mucking with rails

PS - I know the car. Very well specced and was built by Chris Elworthy who was the Nothampton AO for quite a few years.

The Cheshire boys (and hopefully some others) are doing a track day at Oulton on the 25th May. I think there are places left so come and join us.  :t-up:

I would love to (And my friend is attending this in his ITR), but I have only recently started a new job which means I am not allowed to take paid leave until I have finished my 3 month probation period!

John - I wouldn't be happy with a booster cushion for her TBH - I would want her to be completely at one with the car in the same way I would be.  She is happy drifting cars, but on track she is still unsure so anything less than perfect won't do!

The Cheshire boys (and hopefully some others) are doing a track day at John - I wouldn't be happy with a booster cushion for her TBH - I would want her to be completely at one with the car in the same way I would be.  She is happy drifting cars, but on track she is still unsure so anything less than perfect won't do!

What I am referring to is suitable for single seaters and competiton cars with 2 different sized drivers. Booster seat refers to a solid insert made from expanding foam to fit the smaller driver exactly and also fit into the eisting seat exactly as it is moulded when made

The Cheshire boys (and hopefully some others) are doing a track day at John - I wouldn't be happy with a booster cushion for her TBH - I would want her to be completely at one with the car in the same way I would be.  She is happy drifting cars, but on track she is still unsure so anything less than perfect won't do!

What I am referring to is suitable for single seaters and competiton cars with 2 different sized drivers. Booster seat refers to a solid insert made from expanding foam to fit the smaller driver exactly and also fit into the eisting seat exactly as it is moulded when made

Ahh, a proper jobbie a-la GT3 cars etc?  Sounds good, and it looks like she'll need one noe as she doesn't fit in the seat comfortably.  Where can these be purchased from?

SteveD - In the mean time, really would like you to get in touch about that seat rail - I can come and get it from you on friday.

You make them from stuff like this

Have a look at

video

If both the driver and passenger seats are teh same then you can swap the insert from side to side for when she is not driving / being a passenger

That looks extremely handy - thanks for the links!

On my last megablade with fixed race seats, my wife used a full booster, which was great for track days and short blasts. If we wanted to swap drivers on a day out, it was awkward due to the large bulky cushion. ???

On my current car it has seat runners, and a lowered floor, which is great if you want to swap drivers whilst out on a days drive. :cool:

Mark :cool:

You make them from stuff like this

Have a look at

video

If both the driver and passenger seats are teh same then you can swap the insert from side to side for when she is not driving / being a passenger

:cool:   :t-up:

Nice and thank you :)