Car is Bought!

rocket_rabbit

Very Nice Well spec'd    :cool:

If Dave Brookes has put the engine together it Won't be Slow     ;)       :cool:

As said above treat it with respect until you get to know it       :t-up:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rocket_rabbit

• adamnreeves

• RedditchJay

• SteveD

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome :-) SteveD really was great going round to see it and speak with colin - the guy is a genuine petrolhead and it was funny swapping stories! Hopefully i'll continue to do the car justice, but if anyone can point me in the directin of that seat rail, that'll be great!

Consider carefully putting an adjustable rail in. Obviously it will add a couple of kilos per seat but also it will raise your body weight in the car. If its predominately a road car then wont matter too much.

Consider carefully putting an adjustable rail in. Obviously it will add a couple of kilos per seat but also it will raise your body weight in the car. If its predominately a road car then wont matter too much.

what raise it by a whole inch  :D thats really going to make a massive difference  :D pmsl , elise seat runers should fit those seats i have one here if you want to try it for size

what raise it by a whole inch  :D thats really going to make a massive difference  :D pmsl , elise seat runers should fit those seats i have one here if you want to try it for size

Good god man did I really call for the sarcasm. ??? The point I was making was consider the changes..

Conversely, consider losing SWMBO and then no need for seat runners.  You know it makes sense...

adam its a westfield not a f1 car, 1" in seat height is going to make chuff all difference ,you could sit an inch higher with your wallet in your back pocket  ;) ,even a driving god like yourself would not notice the difference in one inch ;) or a couple of kilo's ,you can be that much heavier after a godd curry and a pint

And relax... :zzz:  ;)

You boys better behave while I'm gone, play nice now, Steve has something special for sale in the Parts section, that should be enough to keep you all in line!  :laugh:

I have a spare pair of Westfield seat runners that came out of a megabusa fitted with Westfield sports seats.

Where are you located?

Edit to add

I guess they are worth £10 and postage will be £10 given the size and weight so £20

All things considered being able to reach and be in control of the wheels and pedals is probably more important than a little bit of seat height gain  ;)  :D

Though Adam does have a point if you're a bit marginal for clearance round your knees and the dash or wheel. But as always with a kit car, there are ways round any such problems.  :t-up:

Yeah, the seat is a necessary evil i'm afraid.  One of the reason behind getting this car was to allow the Mrs to drive it and use it.  The more she gets involved, the more it will be tolerated and the more I can spend on using it :)

I also have some friends that are interested in Kit cars who are considering getting one, but want to see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Oh, located in Crewe BTW :)

Yeah, the seat is a necessary evil i'm afraid.  One of the reason behind getting this car was to allow the Mrs to drive it and use it.  The more she gets involved, the more it will be tolerated and the more I can spend on using it :)

I have the same issue hence SWMBO drove it before I did, she loves using it and is on the school run today with t and taking it to work............. makes me nervous sometimes.......

Oh, located in Crewe BTW :)

Cool, will we get the chance to have a drool over it at the Cheshire meetings?  :t-up:  :D

adam its a westfield not a f1 car, 1" in seat height is going to make chuff all difference ,you could sit an inch higher with your wallet in your back pocket  ;) ,even a driving god like yourself would not notice the difference in one inch ;) or a couple of kilo's ,you can be that much heavier after a godd curry and a pint

yeah but this is not the only thing to consider. I know I spent a long time considering my seat position with regard to the controls. If I were to raise my seat by 1" for example then my knees would be against the dash edge. Like I said in my original post, consider carefully. I was not going to list all the possible problems that would be too easy :)