Speed bumps / sleeping policemen @ Stoneliegh????

djpal1

Don't know about the rest of you, but did any 1 else 'catch' or 'get stuck' on the sleeping policemen @ stoneleigh?????

The guy I was following (in a blue and orange car (with areo screens I think as he had an helmet on)) got stuck. promtly reversed a bit, then had a 'run' at it!!!!! only to rip his gearbox mount off, which had to prised out of the hump in question?????

I had a passenger with me and went sssooooooo slowly over it and got away with scrapping my Rear Valance, lucky no damage, I wonder if the guy with the Blue and Orange made it home????

We also spoke to a guy who had a V8 with under pipes, and he said he scraped the bumps too???

I know they're there for a reason but surely the organisers could have taken a few sections out  considering the ammount of 'low' cars attending over the two days???

For a first timer @ Stoneleigh, I was a little disappointed by the humps, but good to see a massive turnout by the all Westy's! ;)

Yep I got stuck on way out lol... had to get out and lift it over :durr:

Yep I got stuck on way out lol... had to get out and lift it over :durr:

Should'nt have come to that though in all fairness mate???

would of been annoyed if had done any damage, one of the westfield guys broke his thermostat off on arrival, was gutted for him......

Yeah, you see..... you take your pride and joy to these events to enjoy a day out meet like minded souls and spend a bit of dosh, only spend to more dosh on gettin your car fixed cos it's been trashed through no fault of your own??? :angry:

It is making me think of not going in my westy next year, just go in my oridinary car ???

maybe they will do something about it next year.......

I think this is all very valid. The organisers and chaps on the gate have been very accomodating this year and praise to them for that. However, next year we should definately ask them to do something about the bumps...

I think this is all very valid. The organisers and chaps on the gate have been very accomodating this year and praise to them for that. However, next year we should definately ask them to do something about the bumps...

Cheers for the comment bud :t-up:

Lets hope some one from Stoneleigh sees these posts and something can be sorted ( but I doubt it???)

We always live in hope  ;)

I caught the gearbox hoop but lucky it wasnt anything else.............. how do the XTR or GT40 guys get over them ?

last year one of our foreign colleagues nocked off his Zetec thermostat, this year another Zetec smashed the pipe off, those humps arent good!

Bad luck Andy, nothing like a bit of running maintenance at Stonleigh for, er "ease" of repairs though. I don't think you'd do much better realigning down in a branch of Halfords!

When we came to leave on the Sunday, I found I'd got a near flat battery. Quick bit of bonnet popping revealed an alternator just about hanging on by two bolts virtually resting in the holes, in fact I think one was only stopped from coming out by the rad pipe next to it.

Fortunately some other very kind Westy owners allowed me to christen their brand new Allen key set. After a bit of faffing about, and a photo op. For Andy - Greenstreak, damn those cameras  :blush: And a push start, all was well.

So A big thanks to all the helpful bods, what a fantastic club we've got.  :t-up:

You can drive around the speed bumps  ;)  ;)  just drive behind the hedgerow  ;)  ;) accessible both inward and outward  ;)  :D  a bit dusty but no speedbumps  ;)