Westy SE Megabird

MrL

It is with some regret that I'm putting my Westy up for sale.

I am having to relocate and am struggling to find anywhere to live where I can keep the Westy.

I have been fighting hard, but what has made my mind up is the Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami.

I did a post Tsunami house building trip to Sri Lanka in 2006, and I will use the money from the Westy to fund a few more of these trips to Japan & surrounding area.

So the car, it's a 1989 SE narrow body. It was a Ford 1700 X-flow.

In 2009 it was converted to a Honda Blackbird 1100 engine, I bought it pretty much as soon as the conversion was completed.

Spec wise it has -

Real carbon front mudguards

Real carbon dash

Real carbon boot lid

Carb model Honda SuperBlackbird engine, with Honda dash, switchgear, ECU & fusebox.

Dry sump kit.

Custom airbox (to enable a standard bonnet to go over it)

Quick release Momo steering wheel

Black Minilite style 13" wheels

Live rear axle with LSD & disc brakes (Ford)

AVO adjustable shocks all round, rears just rebuilt.

MOT til end Jan 2012

Tax til end July 2011

£6500 ono

If you have any questions, call or PM me.

Thanks,

Gary - 07973 659652

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's still for sale :-/

The guy who I thought was buying it contacted me yesterday to say he wants a wide body car engined one now.

It gets new axle seals fitted next Friday, and now has a brand new car cover too if it has to be kept outside.

• 1 month later...

Oil seals were replaced and the oil leak cured  :D

I have been enjoying driving it since, but I must really sell, so here we go again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.