Help with new sequential gearbox

javigtr

I'm planning to fit a carbon fibre propshaft ....anybody has tryed it ?  Do you think it could be a good option ?

Money for nothing ?

Cheers,

Javier

do you really think a carbon prop will show any difference? any that will be noticeable i mean? given the cost against reliability wouldnt it be easier to save weight in other areas first?

I'm planning to fit a carbon fibre propshaft ....anybody has tryed it ?  Do you think it could be a good option ?

Money for nothing ?

Cheers,

Javier

do you really think a carbon prop will show any difference? any that will be noticeable i mean? given the cost against reliability wouldnt it be easier to save weight in other areas first?

Tex,

The main reason for the carbon propshaft is to gain engine acceleration due to its lower rotational weight which is 50% less than stock unit. The car is very light in all parts with the exception of engine.....May be an all aluminum Duratec for the next time ...? :p

I think they recommend that the tunnel is covered over to stop any impact damage to the prop from stone chips etc.

Even at 250bhp, you'll probably find that any theoretical top speed much over 235mph will be unusable  

:D  :D  :D

I think you may have made a typo if not I want to reduce the power of my engine to be able to do 235mph as my car would not do anything like that  :devil: