Nose Cone - quick release?

Tim_Earlam

I've got two studs bolted into the chassis with a rubber washer, a penny washer a split washer and a wing nut - too may bits  :D  :D  :D .  Will be swapping to Dzus slide bolts asap.

I've got a nut and a 2" bolt underneath plus all the stuff listed above.  Would a Dzus slide bolt be OK??  It would be partially protected by the number plate.

Rory's Dad

Dzus slide fasteners will be fine on the top rails. They'll be just as good as bolts for the underneath position, except if they hit something (i.e. no major car impact, just a grounding or stone). Then, I'd have thought they'd be less resilient and they may even detach depending on the orientation and direction of impact.

So, having said that, if I were to run out of other jobs to do and got sick enough of the bolts on the nosecone, I'd go either slide fasteners or winged Dzus's on the top rails and flush turning Dzus underneath.