Zetec Wiring Loom

JamesD

Just fitting up my dash tonight and had a bit of a problem with the loom. I bought all my instruments from Westfield and along with the dials came a mini-loom that plugs into the back of the speedo (this has  somesort of sensor attached, and i have no idea what it is for). Anyway the wiring colours for the speedo on the loom do not match up to the speedo wiring.

Has anyone who has done a recent build come across the same problem?

TIA

JD

I have just built mine, but my loom was straight forward.   No extra wiring at all.   The speedo plug is one of two big white blocks, and it had two extra pairs of wires for the lights.  

I think a call to the factory is the only answer to this little chestnut.

I did have one extra extension, but it was for the hazard warning switch, and that was needed to put the wiring in the right place for the older layout dash with the switch at the extreme left of the dash instead of down near the steering wheel.