MITCHELL COTTS GEARBOX

stephenh

I have for sale one Mitchell Cotts 5 speed (plus reverse) gearbox, MCT75, or at least I will have later this winter. This was supplied and fitted new by Westfield in March 2008 to my car. It has only done about 7,500 miles from new, so should be in A1 condition.

For those who dont know, it is a strong 'box, based on the late type Sierra 'box, but without a built-in bellhousing, so it can be fitted to more or less any engine you are likely to fit in a Westfield, provided someone makes a suitable bellhousing Raceline do them for the Duratec and the Zetec. However, Westfield supply them for fitting to the Ford Duratec engine, via a Raceline bellhousing.

The ratios are the standard late Sierra ones, so quite widely spaced. Fine for road use, but not close enough for competition.

I cant supply the bellhousing, that is needed for my new competition 'box. However, my prop shaft (Mitchell Cotts to Sierra diff) will probably be available.

At the moment the 'box is in my car, so is available to demonstrate to anyone who is seriously interested, and will be coming out of the car in about January next.

I'm asking £500-. If you are wondering what they cost new, have a look on the Westfield factory online stores webpage. This is a fraction of the new cost.

It would be ideal for a diy Duratec install.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.