Damper rate

adamnreeves

No fit both not just rear or you will go off the track backwards :D

oh god don't want that. I am assuming to fit the front one will mean not running ducted nose cone probably meaning I need to change the rad as well. Also oil cooler will be in the way I suspect. Going to cross post this one to the SEight forum I think.

However I know the spring rate on the rear right is lower than the rear left when it was being corner weighted it was noted the spring length was different.

really :0

and your not sure where to start :bangshead:

oh god don't want that. I am assuming to fit the front one will mean not running ducted nose cone probably meaning I need to change the rad as well. Also oil cooler will be in the way I suspect. Going to cross post this one to the SEight forum I think.

Not got a SEight, but have got a ducted nosecone, and the arb fits fine with that.

I'm sure there must be an anti-roll bar to fit the front. Not necessarily the factory inboard one. I cant believe the right side sits lower than the left side without a driver in, if it has been set up professionally. Should be the other way round if anything, so it is level with the driver in the car.

I'm sure there must be an anti-roll bar to fit the front. Not necessarily the factory inboard one. I cant believe the right side sits lower than the left side without a driver in, if it has been set up professionally. Should be the other way round if anything, so it is level with the driver in the car.

Yes it was set up professionally, I don't want to learn about all this stuff. All the suspension geometry was done and corner weighted. You can see the rear right is lower but until now I had not measured it.

Front Left 141mm

Front Right 141mm

Rear Left 161mm

Rear Right 148mm

Obviously without me in the car as I was measuring. This is why I assumed the spring rate must be different on the rear right ???

I was told that the left-right weight on the rear could not be completely dialled out. The right showing 20kgs more.

The two places I lost it one the track was taking this right hander which immediately follows a left when all the weight transfer to the right. The front didn't show this only the rear.

Standard springs as sold by Westfield are for trips to the shops and nowhere near the mark for track work.

Fitting ARBs will be an improvement but you may also need to fit different springs depending on what you have.

Then the nice black art of damper valving comes into the equation................... :D

Front Left 141mm

Front Right 141mm

Rear Left 161mm

Rear Right 148mm

But what was the professional actually professional at, 'cos there is a schoolboy error in there...

Really ??? Why always me! I'd rather not name them but I shall be calling them on Monday. But in their defence they did tell me that the spring length on the right hand side was slightly different and something about the rose joint on the same corner not allow sufficient adjustment, could not screw it in far enough before it hit the shank.

Front Left 141mm

Front Right 141mm

Rear Left 161mm

Rear Right 148mm

But what was the professional actually professional at, 'cos there is a schoolboy error in there...

Really ??? Why always me! I'd rather not name them but I shall be calling them on Monday. But in their defence they did tell me that the spring length on the right hand side was slightly different and something about the rose joint on the same corner not allow sufficient adjustment, could not screw it in far enough before it hit the shank.

errrr that does not sound right

I've spotted a front ARB on ebay which I might bid on but I noticed that it looks different the one photo in Westfield Parts shop.

here

Thats an inboard one. May not fit your car. Dont get hung up on wanting the WF items. Just cos they sell the doesnt mean they know best

Here's a picture underneath the car, if you look at the right hand side of the exhaust 'y' section you can see its wearing away, left is untouched. Those with a keen eye will see that the car leans to the right. Camera was placed on the floor. My floor is spirit level true.

ground_s.JPG

Photo of right rear lower rose joint

lower_right_rear_s.JPG

Photo of right rear upper rose joint, this is the one with the adjustment problem.

upper_right_rear_s.JPG

Photo of left rear lower rose joint

lower_left_rear_s.JPG

Photo of left rear upper rose joint

upper_left_rear_s.JPG

Thats an inboard one. May not fit your car. Dont get hung up on wanting the WF items. Just cos they sell the doesnt mean they know best

Yeah I now but it seemed a lot cheaper. Anyway, I've just won the bid now!  :bangshead: Inboard, don't understand what the means exactly, can you clarify?

its in board not out board  :oops:

its in board not out board  :oops:

Steve, I don't have a clue with these. Don't know where they fit so do not know what it is out/inboard off.

why the chuff did you buy one then  :bangshead:  if you dont know where it goes or what it does  :D

ps il give you a fiver for it  ;)