Comment on possible purchaser

sailing

I must be getting old and do not trust anybody. This is a reply to my Westfield sale advert on Piston Heads.

Any thoughts or comments. Being a Sunday I could not drag him down to my bank to clear any money

Tony

His reply

Hi, I am looking for a Westfield and I will be in the UK this weekend to buy one. Some more questions about yours if I may:

- do you have a V5 and corresponding chassis plate?

- is it registered as a Westfield or is it the registration of the donor car?

- is it still taxed and MoT'ed?

- can it be driven away (under my insurance of course)?

- what kind of weather eqsuipment do you have?

- would be available for a visit on Sunday this week?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Olivier Caeymaex

A lot of European buyers want relatively early Caterhams and Westfields as it's almost impossible to import anything newer.

He seems to have asked the right sort of questions and there's no 'Nigeria speak' in the communication or mention of using shipping agents etc so it sounds like he's probably OK to me.

Looks genuine, brief google search of his name brings up this site:

http://be.linkedin.com/in/ocaeymaex

•Co-founder at Trigger Telecom

•Managing Director at VisiBuzz

Founder and Managing Director. Supplying turn-key promotional vehicles to marketing agencies and event organizers throughout Europe.

If it's the same person then that's possibly what it will be used for.

Thanks for that lads, it give me a bit more confidence. He is asking if the car has a chassis plate as they insist on them in Belgium for the MOT. Did the early Westfields have chassis plates. I thought they just had the chassis stamped.

Also, is it OK to sell  to a foreign person and do  I just inform the DVLA as normal by filling in the V5 that it has been sold to a person from Belgium who is taking it home.

Tony

Tony - all westfields including early pre-lits all had chassis plates - although often these were a very simple thing with WSC Ltd details and chassis number - often seemed to get lost in the brown boxes and wrapping paper - usually ended up pop rivetted to scuttle  :D

Also, is it OK to sell  to a foreign person and do  I just inform the DVLA as normal by filling in the V5 that it has been sold to a person from Belgium who is taking it home.

There is a section on the V5 specifically for "car is being permanently exported"  ;)

Hi

Living in Belgium, I can just say that the information requested by the potential buyer are perfectly normal and are in line with what is requested to "easily" register a Westie in Belgium...

Yes, the buyer has to come back with the biggest part of the V5 where all the car datas are printed.

There is also another important thing : it happens "often" that a I is replaced by a 1, or a 5 by a S, on the VIN number on the V5 : this is then a nightmare fot the registration because the procedure is stopped and a new V5 has to be issued... check the number twice before the sale otherwise the buyer could come back to you after the sale

Good sale !

I sold a Westfield to a Frenchman called Olivier who worked at the Pagani importer near Toulouse.

I forget his surname, but his email address involved parachutes.

If it's him then he's a very decent chap.

He paid in sterling notes.

As usual the Westfield forum come up with the answers. Thank for all the advise lads. Feeling more confident. Just hope he comes now.

Tony

mmmmm didnt someone else on the WSCC have a foreign buyer lined up which didnt happen in the end   ?

My sale went ahead OK to a chap from Belgium as posted on here. There were lots of helpful comments from here.

Thanks to Chris for contacting my purchaser. :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.