Zetec Oil catch tank

chippy

Hi guys

Want to install an catch tank but im not sure which sort to go for, wondering is a few of you could tell me what u have installed and maybe a few pics of the location of the tank!

Many thanks

Mine is mounted infront of the engine on a bracket which also holds the remote oil filter..

catchtank.jpg

Best Regards

CJ

I went for a 1l cylinder type in the scuttle...

3516053011_03347274f7_b.jpg

Been there for nearly 2 years with no issues  :)

Not on a Zetec but, AH Fabrications 1L catch tank

IMG_3142.jpg

Cheers thanks, great help!

With the zetec is the cam cover the only place to be connected to the catch tank, i ask this question as i have quite a large oily residue on the block under the inlet manifold..... didnt no weather there was another breather lower down?

Cheers

crancase breather LHS engine looking from front, there should be a sheet steel seperator with a one way valve on the top, you should connect this to your catch tank as well as from the cam cover

Got LH and RH mixed up should read looking from cockpit

Nowt to worry about - My mum used to have to put an 'L' & 'R' on my shoes up until I was ten!

I never understood why they did though because I could never work out which was my Left and Right foot!

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:

There are two breather ports on the Zetec.  One on the crankcase below the exhaust manifold, and one on the cam cover.

The crankcase breather has a one-way valve in the housing that may need tweaking as it usually depends on the vacuum from the inlet manifold to open.

The debate is how to modify the one-way valve, or do you take it out altogether; should you run two separate hoses to the catch tank; can you tee-them together; should you run the crankcase breather into the cam cover; blah; blah;

Sits back with popcorn.....

Got LH and RH mixed up should read looking from cockpit

Nowt to worry about - My mum used to have to put an 'L' & 'R' on my shoes up until I was ten!

I never understood why they did though because I could never work out which was my Left and Right foot!

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:

I thought you had flat feet... :oops::devil::D