• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Toybox: any good?

swissheavy

talked to toybox myself once or twice. seem 2 advertise really good car's which they don't have and say ive just sold that what u want to spend ,got more coming in at the weekend and nothing like whats being advertised. iam also looking 2 buy been looking 4 along time just missed out on a couple(reasons will take 2 long 2 go into.) maybe wanting alot 4 my mear 6k ish

Assume you've been looking on Pistonheads?  I tend to scan the adds every other day and I haven't seen so many sub £6K cars for sale as there is at the moment on there.

The other thing you'll probably have to be prepared to do is travel to get the right car.  The chances of finding exactly what you want for sale just up the road will be slim, that's if you can even find exactly the right car for the budget you have. Be prepared for some tinkering and upgrades  :D .

Good luck looking :t-up:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissheavy

• Mark Stanton

• KerryS

• RedditchJay

Will be avoiding toxbox, scratch that, toybox ;) At all costs now. Plenty on Pistonheads. Mmmm Linky

I honestly don't know what spec I want. I have to say I am not a spanner guy, just a driver. All I know is I'd love a kit car for the finer days of the year and would like a Westfield as it's 'made' in Birmingham. I live in Birmingham, so will hunt for the local chap. I literally know nothing about these :D

I have an idea on what to look for on a 'normal' car, but I know these things have lots of different things to look for. That's the tricky thing for me. I definitely don't want to buy a pup.

Buying from a member definitely seems like the best option. I have seen all the replies from possible sellers. I will be in touch in due course. I am in the process of buying a house, by which time, I will then have a garage to treasure the car. That will be when hell is unleashed :D

My 2003 1800 zetec with Jenvey TB's likely to be on the market in August,

talked to toybox myself once or twice. seem 2 advertise really good car's which they don't have and say ive just sold that what u want to spend ,got more coming in at the weekend and nothing like whats being advertised. iam also looking 2 buy been looking 4 along time just missed out on a couple(reasons will take 2 long 2 go into.) maybe wanting alot 4 my mear 6k ish

Assume you've been looking on Pistonheads?  I tend to scan the adds every other day and I haven't seen so many sub £6K cars for sale as there is at the moment on there.

The other thing you'll probably have to be prepared to do is travel to get the right car.  The chances of finding exactly what you want for sale just up the road will be slim, that's if you can even find exactly the right car for the budget you have. Be prepared for some tinkering and upgrades  :D .

Good luck looking :t-up:

cheers smokey. 1 just come up on PH going 2 look at her later.

Hi Josh,

Where about's in Birmingham are you, as there are quite a few members in brum including me I am in Edgbaston the Black country meet is quite good as well went to it for the first time last Sunday and met some very friendly and helpful people.

Regards Shindha.

Blimey! Quite a few meetings in the immediate area!!

I am just off Broad St in the City at the moment. But I'm in the process of buying a house in Harborne (hence the wait until it exchanges).

Edgbaston is a lovely place to be! When's the next Black Country meet?

Edgbaston is a lovely place to be!

depends which side of the Hagley Road  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  in edgbaston or Edgbarston  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: needs passport to cross-over and skills in several languages  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

Edgbaston is a lovely place to be!

depends which side of the Hagley Road  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  in edgbaston or Edgbarston  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil: needs passport to cross-over and skills in several languages  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

So true.... :D  :D  :D

The nearest to Solihull is the posh one!!

On the border of Selly Park, so let you decide if its rough or smooth. The Black country meet is on the first sunday of each month I will be definitely going again.

Regards Shindha

Not a clue if I am honest - only recently moved to Birmingham in the last year. So not sure where Selly Park is or if Solihull is actually part of Warwickshire... I'd say it's part of Birmingham.

Solihull depends who you ask ............ posh solihull say Warwickshire ............ but we know its Birmingham  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

It was deffo in Warwickshire when I was at school in Solihull ....but that was a little while ago  :(  :(

But even then there was no break in housing between it and the Bull Ring. And steam trains took me into Snow Hill......