2006 2.0 litre Pinto SEIW

OPoole

It is with much regret that the time has come to sell my 2.0 litre widebody Westfield - all the usual reasons; lack of space, lack of driving it to justify keeping it and a new car. I will be sad to see it go but needs must.

I built the car myself as a single vehicle donor kit between December 2004 and registered almost to the day I picked up the kit from Westfield 2 years later in December 2006.

The car has proved very reliable, providing many fantastic trips - it's been to France and Belgium twice, Scotland twice, Cornwall and most places in between.

I will post the spec and photos below. Any questions, please ask by emailing owen_poole@fastmail.co.uk.

Thanks

Owen

Car

Registered December 2006

Built as a single donor vehicle using a 1988 F-reg Ford Sierra (92,000miles on the clock before dismantling) by current owner

Age related F plate (not Q)

All build receipts included

8295 miles

MOT and tax until end of November (6 months)

Engine

2.0 litre Pinto powered SEIW, approx 140BHP

Bestek distributor with Aldon Ignitor electronic ignition

Aldon Flame Thrower Coil

Stage 2 head by Morspeed – gas flowed, ported and big valves, with Kent FR32 cam

Long range fuel tank (40litre)

Mangoletsi short form inlet manifold (carbs fit under the bonnet)

Twin Weber 45 DCOE carburettors, set up by Nottingham Carb and Injection Center

Annual tune up by Nottingham Automotive Diagnostic

Chassis and Suspension

Powder coated as optional extra by Westfield

Standard Westfield shock absorbers (with adjustable ride height and damping), fully independent wishbones front and rear, with Westfield rear uprights and Ford Sierra front hubs.

Transmission

Original Sierra Type 9 gearbox and differential

Interior

Biscuit trim with navy blue inserts in standard Westfield seats

4 point Westfield harnesses

Fully carpeted

White-backed Smiths gauges

Additional items added

- lockable compartment between seats

- fresh air vents in dashboard

- 12V lighter socket in dashboard

- fully carpeted boot with sound insulation

- lockable bootlid

- lockable bonnet

- roof and sidescreens

- scissor jack and wheel spanner

- cockpit rain cover from Walker St Clair

Wheels / Tyres

15” OZ Superturismo Alloys (including spare)

Toyo T1-R tyres all round – 2 under 1000 miles (spare is a Toyo T1-S)

Full suspension setup and wheel alignment by Westfield factory August 2009

Locking wheelnuts

Price

£9850

Looks like I was slightly dyslexic with the price - should really be £8950, not £9850.... I'm open to sensible offers as well.

Any advice from other WSCC members on selling would be much appreciated. It's a tidy car and I don't want to sell it. I have spent over £15k on the car, loved owning it and never taken it anywhere near a track for it to be thrashed!

It is a "capable" and ready car - i.e. if you wanted to get in and go on tour (as I have), it is ready and able to do it, without the need to tweak it or worry about reliability. Alternatively if you did want to take it on a track, you'd have no problem doing so but if you wanted to make a few changes to make the car your own, there is scope to do that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
The car is still for sale and I've just paid to advertise on Pistonheads too, on at £8750. I'm willing to consider sensible offers as well. Any suggestions or comments about selling most welcome.

Just purchased a Kent vernier cam pulley and new timing belt to go on the existing Kent FR32 camshaft for that added performance and piece of mind for any prospective buyer.... I'll fit it this weekend and get a fresh professional tune up as well next week  :cool: Should have done it yonks ago to get some use myself - hopefully someone else will snap it up soon and enjoy the extra performance this summer!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.