Your cars in stunning locations

Cleggy the Spyder Man

We all enjoy ogling cars (especially westies) - and even better when the said car is in a wonderful location - so why not have a thread running allowing us to show off our photo's

I have seen some great photo's whilst surfing through this boardroom so lets get the best photo's and post em up in here

the rules:

- must be your car (don't have to be a westy)

- must be in a cool location - scenic - sporting dont matter really, just not pictures of it outside of yer house  :laugh:

- tell us at least where the location is and if yer like a little bit about it

I shall start with a picture from yesterday after a ride out with a fellow local member

P1000594.jpg

some not bad blatting roads around the area too

This info copied off wiki I dont mind admitting  :D

Welland Viaduct, also known as Harringworth Viaduct and Seaton Viaduct,  is a railway viaduct which crosses the valley of the River Welland between Harringworth in Northamptonshire and Seaton in Rutland, England. It is 1,275 yards (1.166 km) long and has 82 arches, each of which has a 40 feet (12 m) span. It was completed in around 1878, and is the longest masonry viaduct across a valley in Britain.

Welland Viaduct lies on the Oakham to Kettering Line and carries the twin track non-electrified line between Corby and Manton Junction, where it joins the Leicester to Peterborough line. The route is generally used for the passage of freight trains and steam train outings. In early 2009 a single daily passenger service was introduced by East Midlands Trains between Melton Mowbray and St. Pancras via Corby. This is the first regular daily passenger service to operate across the viaduct since the 1960s. The viaduct is also used as a diversionary route for East Midlands Trains mainline services using the Midland Main Line route. The line and structure are a favourite with steam train and heritage enthusiasts, carrying a Grade II Listed Structure status and dominating this picturesque rural valley.

Due to the structure’s size, age, exposure and inaccessibility, the original brickwork was suffering from extensive weathering and structural deterioration. As part of the Network Rail Structures maintenance programme, Birse Rail was remitted to carry out structural repairs to the viaduct. Traditional methods and materials were employed alongside modern access techniques to return the structure to its former glory and to ensure the long-term structural integrity of the viaduct as well as the enjoyment of generations to come.

The viaduct was built using Williamson-Cliffe bricks. Repairs have employed other types of bricks, leaving a patchwork appearance.

-----------------------------

get posting -  :t-up:

• Like 1

Nice idea.

Not necessarily stunning but one of my favourite pics:

dsc_1161.jpg

and it was taken about here - the road between Stanhope and Edmondbyers, County Durham.

:)

• Like 1

Classic Anglesey shot. sun sea and mountains.  :cool:   Pete chasing Jeff C a couple of years ago.  :t-up:

DSCF2676.jpg

blimey - great start  :love:

clouds in that first phot are amazing and the second photo looks like you could drop off the edge  :t-up:

wales1.jpg

Snowdonia, on the way back from Stoneleigh this year.

Aidan

th_26082007613.jpg

the rush at applecross on the beach - one of the most remote places in the UK. going there next week..  :cool:  cant wait..

Photobucket

and at the mouth of the humber - the sand spit - right at the tip.. would recommend that place for a picnic as long as the wind is easy

:love: I love the picture Cleggy, the viaduct looks not dissimilar to Chappel Viaduct which is 5minutes from me on one of my favourite driving roads  :cool:

One of my favourite pictures is this one taken at Alresford Creek nr Colchester.  The car hadn't been finished that long and I'd been out for a blat over to the parents on a sunny day.  I spent many years playing down near the creek in my youth and cycling along the nearby dissused railway line from Wivenhoe to Brightlingsea.

In the background of the picture you can see the old sand jetty for loading the barges, an overhead conveyor system (much of which still remains) brought the sand from the nearby quarry to this jetty for loading.

A bit further up the river are a few remenants of the railway swing bridge and iron posts from where this crossed the tributary of the river colne.

IMG_1947.jpg

P6100037.jpg

Location speaks for itself!

One of the best holidays my gf and i have ever had.

Repeated last year in my VX, hopefully there again this year if i ever get my crossflow back!

A couple from me:

_MG_0119.JPG

I think this was the Grimselpass in Switzerland(might be Sustenpass) in 2008, some fantastic roads in that area! Taken on the way to Sicily.

_MG_0447.JPG

Halfway up Mount Etna in Sicily.

This was last year when staying at Norman Verona's place in western Loire Valley. Château de Challain is in Challain la Potherie which is just a few miles from Norman.

france.jpg

Me and Barry in Arizona (before the car was sprayed blue!)

16948.jpeg

Reims GP circuit 2009 with Barry & Kirk

16947.jpeg

Millau Viaduct South of France 2009

16946.jpeg

Buzz

P6100037.jpg

Location speaks for itself!

I've always loved Marble Arch ;)  :p  :D

Buzz

Pacific Highway 1 California

DSCF0098.jpg

Laguna Seca Raceway at the top of the world famous Corkscrew

DSCF0126.jpg

Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco

DSCF0161.jpg

Infenion Raceway California

DSCF0174.jpg

Milau Bridge

P1010494.jpg

Monaco Harbour (with a strange bloke in the passenger seat)

P1010618.jpg

Somewhere in France up a mountain

P1010807.jpg

Isle of Mann TT circuit

P1000968.jpg