DTA E48 ecu

Rory's Dad

Need to fit a new colvern type tps and need to fit it in the same position as the old one and I don't know where it was.

I have the DTA manual, the DTA software, the map and a serial to USB cable but have no idea what to do next  :D  :D  :D  :durr:

Anyone offer some advice please??  I want to learn all about this but got bored after 11 pages of search produced nothing useful  :(

Rory's Dad

• Like 1

ehup rory's dad

Did you have a colvern pot on there before or is this replacing something else?

They normally go on the end of the butterfly spindles.  If you're running carbs then you need to knock up a little bracket to mount it on along with a small 'knob' that fits onto the spindle and sits snuggly inside the TPS - in order to twist it back and forth when you go on/off throttle.

If you're running jenvey's it should just bolt straight up.

Theres a piccy on zetecinside.com that shows how it mounts up on the TB on the left.here

I dont know the DTA, but setup should be along the lines of chosing a configuration page and depressing the accelarator to full throttle when instructed to do so by the software.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a less wooly explaination though :)

Damian

Thanks Damian - I've got it all fixed up.  I just find the DTA manual just lacks a "How to..."  Of course I could just connect it up and have a look but I'd like to know what I'm looking at - or for  :D  :D

Rory's Dad

get it pluged in martin,like westy666 says you have to tell the tps closed and open throttle ;)

Hook the ECU up to the laptop, fire up the program and connect the ECU to the program (remember to switch on the ignition). Unlock the map then open the drop down menu for Essential Map Settings and Set Throttle Stops. Follow the instructions. Save the map and then lock it.

Done.

Hook the ECU up to the laptop, fire up the program and connect the ECU to the program (remember to switch on the ignition). Unlock the map then open the drop down menu for Essential Map Settings and Set Throttle Stops. Follow the instructions. Save the map and then lock it.

Done.

Perfect - thanks to CTD  (and to Stew)  :)  :)  :)

Rory's Dad

CTD - going back to my tps problem, will the ecu recalibrate itself if the tps is not fixed/rotated to the degree it was previously??

Thanks in advance  :)  :)  :)

Rory's Dad