westie vs cateringvan

oioi

just received this email

Lotus 7 Club & Westfield Sports Car Club Inter Club Sprint Challenge Cup at Curborough Saturday August 28th We are pleased to announce this inaugural competition between our two well established clubs. The event will be run as part of the British Marshals Club Sprint which is open to all types of car.

This Inter Club Challenge is designed to increase support for the British Race Marshals Club Sprint and help the friendly rivalry that already exists between the two marques when competing together all around the country. Firm rules for the event will be confirmed prior to the day and will be dependent on the number of competitors. However the principal scoring system will be based on Class Records.

There will be no mixing of classes required. There are 6 classes in each club championship and these will remain unchanged. We will run in the appropriate specified classes as always.

Scoring will be as follows (An example is shown below):

1st Equal to Class Record eg 60 secs =100.00 points 2nd 62.20 secs 96.46 points 3rd 64.58 secs 92.91 points 4th 66.78 secs 89.85 points The Club with the most points on the day will be the Winners.

(Depending on numbers only the top (x) number of cars in a class may be counted). There will also be a Cup for the Best Score of the Day. Someone bettering a Class record will score in excess of 100 pts.

There will also be a BBQ later in the evening and all are welcome.

For further information or to take part

contact Simon Rogers L7CGB

not sure if i will make it, but i hope for a good turn out and that all you sprinters do us proud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Mark Stanton

• SteveD

• oioi

Sorry to sound a killjoy but whats the point .......... just another peeing up a wall contest ....... some caterham will win some westfield will win  ???  ??? so what ...... it happens at most sprints and hillclimbs throughout the season  ;)

and I'm not sure it has been officially endorsed as a WSCC event  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D certainly not involved in its organisation or set-up  :)  :)

mr oioi it will just start another s**t fight posting that  :bangshead:

and I'm not sure it has been officially endorsed as a WSCC event  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D certainly not involved in its organisation or set-up  :)  :)

i asumed by the wording of the email that it was a joint organised venture ???

Westfield Sports Car Club are not involved in  the organisation this event (currently) :suspect:  :suspect:  :blush:  :blush: it is organised by the L7OC

Westfield Sports Car Club are not involved in  the organisation this event (currently) :suspect:  :suspect:  :blush:  :blush: it is organised by the L7OC

Assuming Marks right and it is L7OC who are organising (and this isn't some muppet taking both clubs names in vein) and they haven't got written commitment from our commitee, then, however well intended the motives may have been, it is a L7OC PR fuckup in my opinion. :bangshead:

I have been discusing this with the L7OC with the intention of being just a bit of fun :D:D. But also support the British Marshall's club.

Yes we are invited as a club .......... but in no way part of its organisation - which is somewhat misleading by the wording used in its announcement  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

The WSCC should not be used in its titling of the event in this manner ........... pedantic perhaps but if something happened we wouldn't want to get involved ...... motorsport is dangerous  ;)

as Nick has noted "just a bit of fun"  ;)

I have been discusing this with the L7OC with the intention of being just a bit of fun :D:D. But also support the British Marshall's club.

and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun, so long as people dont take it too seriously  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :durr:

Just to clarify for everyone, the event is being organised by the British Marshall's club and is a Sprint event.

Anyone from the L7OC or WSCC is invited to attend.

Separate to the event Simon (L7OC) comp sec and I are doing some points scoring to have a bit of fun to compare Westfields and Caterham's, we will also organise some informal prizes for this bit.

I was about to start e-mailing this around the committee and then Speed Series drivers when OIOI popped his post up. Slightly catching us "on the hop"

Nothing further is know at the moment, but I will keep people posted as it progresses.

Nick

goodness me sometimes you cant win can you. :angry:

I would have thought that people would have seen this as a bit of fun and an opportunity to show the club and Westfields in a positive light.

On reading OIOIs post at no point did I think or expect this to be a round of the speed series or anything else.

If nowt else it give the opportunity for people to do a bit of pre season testing.

For a number of reasons I cant go but I hope a few do a good time is had by all. AND for a good cause too.