Polo Rad

JamesD

All,

My kit is arriving in 4 weeks and I am scuttling about trying to get myself sorted out for all the bits required.  

Being as though I don't have the money to buy everything from the Westfield factory I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the following info:

Polo rad for SEiW non-ducted nose, using 2.0L zetec

I know it is a polo rad, but don't know what model or engine  size this is from. If anyone has an idea where they sourced theirs from and can give me contact and part number info I would be most grateful.

Regards,

JD ???

Mk1, 1.0l model. There are two similar. Get the smaller one. German & Swedish Car Parts do 'em for about £40, brand new.

There's also a Golf one which fits - exactly the same dimensions as the Polo one but twice as thick.  Got one for my car to replace the thinner Polo rad.  Still £39+VAT from German and Swedish.

VW part no. is 171121253CJ - from Polo/Derby 1.1-1.3  83-90  &  Golf/Jetta 1.05-1.3 84-92

Did you have problems with the Polo rad, Nick, or were you just playing safe with your new engine?

Just playing safe - the old one was good as gold with the Xflow but the new engine will probably run a bit hotter.

Would rather have a decent rad and play around with different thermostats rather than cook the engine.

Nowt wrong with the belt an' braces approach.

Did you weigh them for comparison, by any chance?

Probably about a kilo more for the Golf one.  

The bathroom scales aren't so accurate at the lower end of the range.  They cope with me OK though...  Read into that what you will :p

Fingers very firmly and very definitely crossed, yes.

Small matter of installing the engine and making the b******* run, but should be ready to be MOTed on Saturday morning.

If it's p******** down, then I'll not be doing Baywatch (possibly in a c******m :0  Andy Noble's c******m at that :0 :0 ), so I may well pop along...........

Cool, twould be good to catch up again.

Won't be putting the car on the rollers, just getting it weighed really.

Nick

Weather forecast say it'll be raining cats an' dogs on Sunday, so I'm reasonably confident of making an appearance. Post here if you decide not to go, 'cos I don't want to be surrounded by strangers...........Mind you, I'm at DVA's on Saturday, so I'll get the low down on possible attendees from him.......

Hope to see you, and , more importantly, your "new" motor :cool:  :)

Ooooohhhhh..........just seen a wanted ad for harnesses down in the wanted section.......10% please... :D