2002 Mega for Sale

grahame

WESTFIELD MEGA

http://www.aswmc.org.uk/sprint.htm

Youtube footage by 'wageslaveracing'

Results in 2008-9 across the UK and a few in France, trawl the links.

My 2002 Westfield Mega is for sale, one owner (me), under 6,000 recorded miles, taxed and MoT'd, many options to suit the purchaser. I'm jobless, it's a distressed sale, boy, am I distressed.

My 'sister' car to this, a well-known orange 'Mega' won the ASWMC Sprint Championship 2007 with GSXR750 power, this 2002 Mega did the same in 2008 and looks like it may have done it in 2009!!! This year, the car has broken the Class record on every ASWMC venue at some point, with a few outright FTD's along the way (this car still has number plates remember, it's not a single seater). The car has consistently bettered a few Westfields (and others) with several (many) times the horsepower, it handles fairly well. The giant-killer is now sadly available, end of another fun year.

This car may well fit into a Championship class for you, or it won't, in which case you'll need an engine change. I can help with that to some extent. The orange car went to a chap who didn't want this hairdrier powerplant, but then he really did go insane on the replacement. Yes, you can drive it to Tesco's, but a 14,000+ rpm requirement isn't most people's idea of a great road car.

Specification is basically as per factory Westfield 'Mega', which means.

Chassis/Running gear:

Genuine 'Mega' bike chassis. Factory specification running gear: alloy uprights, alloy 4-pots, widetrack, quick-rack, ARB's, Nitron lightweight gas shocks, motorcycle starter motor reverse, TRT BM props, Quaife Freelander LSD. Basically, all as it should be, in superb condition.

Non-factory items: Raceleda discs, custom Caged rear roll bar (more height to make the Scrutineers happier). Reverie Carbon seat. Road wheels are Caterham 13inch by 7's with 888/048 R/F.

Engine:

Mistral-built Suzuki GSXR750. Engine over-bored to 813cc with JE pistons, etc, doing the hard work. Mistral Performance Engineering have put together an amazing little unit here, packed with custom parts and extensively modified, full build sheets and receipts available. Tony Law manifolds/systems for various engine options. All Mapped and Dyno'd to suit, again, all as it should be, in superb condition.

Guideline costs....

Car supplied just as is, ready to win, Mistral-Suzuki GSXR750, £9,000.

Car supplied with Farndon-Suzuki GSXR1000, £8,500.

Car supplied without engine and ancillaries for you to fit something amusing £5,750

Bring me a complete GSXR750 engine, I'll fit it while you wait, drive it away for £6,500.

Bring me a complete GSXR1000 engine, I'll fit it for the next day, drive it away for £6,750.

Please Note:

The car is yellow, if yellow isn't your thing please don't trouble me. It has a very small hairdrier engine, negligible power and torque, if you want either of those things then it isn't for you (you need a VX/Zetec). If  diffusers, splitters, whiskers and stuff are things you need, this is not the car for you. If appearance matters to you, again, it has stonechips, it's not for you. It's noisy, uncomfortable, unpleasant and extreme hard-work to drive. You're unlikely to impress your mates down the local with it. I do not like timewasters, particularly in the frame of mind that I'm in right now.

PX..... yes...... a sportsbike TL1000R (always fancied a twin throb), GSXR1000, ZX10 or other. Middle-age has set in, I have a deathwish.

Middle-age has set in, I have a deathwish.

Sorry to see you getting shot of it mate. As for having a bike and a death wish? I have watch you drive the Westfield and getting a bike is going to make you worse, god help us :D

Want to see it run?

Car will be competing at Castle Combe 17th October, last year it missed FTD by 4/10ths... so seeing it here may be a good guide to whether it lights your candle or not.

Assuming I don't stuff the thing into Tower... or leave another pile of engine bits up Quarry...

Best ad I've read in ages good luck with sale.  :t-up:

Firstly, my public apologies to the prospective purchaser over the weekend, deposit in his hand. Very sorry to have caused you dissapointment and hassle, my thanks for your appreciation of my circumstances. I'll keep the Ad up here, since circumstances change, but a sale isn't likely at the moment.

I have the unexpected offer of a Job interview (over 200 speculative applications, it's almost been a year). I do enjoy driving this fugly yellow brick, I might have just been thrown a possible lifeline to retain it.

Another Giant-Killing session at Combe last weekend really makes me hope I can do so, 2nd quickest FTD was quite something..... and yes Matt, the engine still has all it's rods and pistons retained within the case.

could tell from your advert that you didnt wanna sell  :laugh:

and yes Matt, the engine still has all it's rods and pistons retained within the case.

Well done that's excellent result for you mate ;) did you come back with more than 3psi of oil pressure this time? :D

• 3 weeks later...

geeezzz Graham, how many mega's have you had :)  or is this the yellow one available when i bought your orange one.

anyway good luck with the job

A few..... they went into a breeding phase, induced by what has been a very exciting time in the world of crashed motorcycles. Simply too many engines available, it became better to acquire another car and fit an interesting engine in that, while the previous one was being explored on road and track.

Blade 893-929, Suzuki TL1000R, GSXR750 (my favourite so far), GSXR1000, GSXR1300, Ducati 748, Kawasaki ZX9 and ZX10R.

Next one.... BMW S1000RR - should be a few available next year.

Assuming I keep the car. Interview yesterday (Akzo Nobel) so we'll see if it's me, or one of my unemployed associates, that gets this job.

I'd love to keep this particular brick, quite a few memories, and more to be had. The Castle Combe 2009 finale was again far too enjoyable, 2nd FTD with an awful lot of exotic machinery in competition...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.