catflap

catflap

Why a pre 95 blade engine in the mega blade?

What if i have to put another blade engine in a mage blade? (dude to the original blowing up etc?)  will it become a Q plate

Can you fit other bike engines in a megablade at a later data and still retain my original number plate

Catflap

Once you're registered and on the road you can fit whatever you like!

But I have a feeling post 95 blade engines were fuel injected and pre 95 were carb. Someone else will know for sure.

Mike

Nah, they were carbed up until quite recently I think. Maybe until 2001?

I believe on 98 on they reversed the direction of the gear shift. God knows why...

Mine was SVA'ed on a pre95. If it blows up, I'll prolly replace it with a newer one. Because newer ones are cheaper than the old ones because of the demand for pre95s!!

Pre 95  (August 1st) engines are SVA'd without a cat. Post August 1st 1995 engines require a cat at SVA.............

So if its reg as a pre 95 blade engin, this means you can put any engine in it at a later date withought a cat?

How easy is it to fit a new blade engine or a black bird engin into a megablade?

I'm in a similar position - building a Blade round a pre Aug 95 engine with a view to changing it to a newer engine if it goes bang !

I think later engines are a bit larger (poss 919cc) and I am aware of the gear linkage thingy changing. Does anyone know if all the other external parts remain identical ?? - i.e. will it drop straight in as a replacement ?? - or perhaps exhaust, mounts, clearance will not be correct ???

Just for info re. SVA. I asked Westfield about using a post 95 engine for SVA - they said that as they were all carbed until late (2000 ish ?) i would have virtually zero hope of passing emissions, despite the cat i was planning on hiring from Stuart Taylor Motorsport - anyone know when the injection motors came in ??

Cheers

Chris

Injected engines will still need a cat, you just have a better chance of passing emissions regs. I'm sure it won't be long before the DOT start putting the SVA "pass" conditions on the log book, requiring that if a vehicle is SVA'd with a cat, it will need MOT'ing with a cat..................stick with pre 95 engines for SVA, and swap it out/sell it/hire it out at a later date.............The same goes for car engines too..........