Copyright, a reminder.

Club Secretary (Reserve)

Further to some recent bouts of copyright infringement, I would like to take this opportunity to remind ALL WSCC Boardroom users, whether you are a WSCC member or not, of the current rules regarding copyright:

You MUST NOT post pictures or articles which are copyright protected unless you have obtained the copyright owners permission in writing first. How do you know what's copyright protected? Easy. Look for the privacy policy or copyright statement or the © sign on a web page, usually at the bottom. Basically, if you didn't actually take the picutre, you probably can't use it.

Yes I know that millions of other web sites ignore copyright. Yes I know the chances of getting caught are small, but that doesn't change anything.

Posting URL links to articles and pictures on other sites is perfectly acceptable. Please continue to contribute in this way.

I would ask you all to re-read the sticky thread at the top of the page called Message of the Day. Note the copyright section. Note that the rules will be enforced from now on. And just so we are clear, the rule as it stands is that infringement of copyright by a user on here leads to suspension of their posting rights. This includes members infringing other members copyright too.  It also extends to pictures placed on to the Avatars service. New terms and conditions for Gentlyhosting can be viewed by logging in to http://avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk

I would urge you all to familiarise yourselves with the new T's & C's over there.

For further information or guidance please contact me at secretary@wscc.co.uk

Thank you for your attention and co-operation.

The WSCC Committee.

O.K. folks - this is not a debate its simply a reminder and a heads up of some basic rules and common-sense

what some of you may or may not be aware of is that no-one especially WSCC Committee ever wants to be a kill-joy and everyone of em has a sense of humour (it's a rule of becoming a committee member.  :D  :D  :D

But ........... what we must be aware of is responsibility to others .......... this boardroom does not function without the goodwill of other members and their professional services which if anything were to happen may also be directly affected as well as the boardroom function, which is something none of us ever want to jeopardise in any manner.

No-one is stopping anyones fun or humour simply reminding to post links where you do not own copyrights of any photo or article.

• Like 1