SEI being broken

Georgie

I had been planning on selling the westie to get an upgrade but on saturday had a slight altercation with a curb.

Resulting damage was to parts which are no longer available to replace like for like and under a £1500

Decision has been made to essentially rebuild the car from the ground up over the winter and pretty much everything bar the chassis and wheel related items will be available.

Car is running a 200 mile ago fully refurbed 2.0 Pinto engine. High lift cams and vernier pully.

twin 40 webber carbs

type 9 ford gear box

RAC roll bar with the strut brace down in to the passenger foot well (not pictured as i like scaring passengers)

other bits and bobs!

Messages as to availablity  and pictures as once again teh board wont let me link images.

It has got a decent engine in!!  :angry: may not be the quickest, but it'll still be putting laptimes in when man has become extinct!!  :angry:

Right i/m off to join the PPS Nuff said  :p

Which bits are no longer available? ???

I am sure the combined efforts of the WSCC can sort out all the bits ???

Dave

Do you have the full engine spec and known power output please?

Thanks,

The bits i have hurt are the passenger rear upright/hub assembly. I have smashed them in to bits to be honest.

Problem with this is they are cast, and Westfield dont make them any more. What they do make though is a drum - disk conversion which bolts right on.. however this is a £700 job as i would have to do both sides.

My car has chrome lower and upper wish bones which they also dont make any more so i would need to get 2 sets of them putting it at £200 for each side.

If i can repair it on the cheap and pass it on whole then i will, If i cant sell enough of the car in bits to make it worth my while then i will just ebay, 99p no reserve and see where it goes.

At present everything is available still as i am waiting to see if i can get ahold of the bits needed to make it more than a plant pot outside my house at the moment!!

Exhaust is a 4 - 2- 1 branch.

Full engine spec is 1988 pinto, fully rebuilt, all seals replaces, i did have it on a RR and i got 90bhp at the wheel but this was after we ran out of time and will power to work out why my throtle wasnt opening fully.

The carbs could do with being reconditioned, i had them cleaned and made all nice again but still not sure why it would spit back though the carbs.. and then put smoke out the zorst! ******g car!

Forgot to mention, the car has a 10 month MOT on it. Flew though with no problems.

Tax i think till the end of this ..or next month. would need to look.

it has minilite revoloution alloys on it. one is broken beyone repair however there is a spare.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.