Day at Curborough

perksy

I think it was just so that Stu999 and the "king of bling" could have a moment in private.... words like foreplay, prop and shaft were heard.....

:suspect:      :suspect:      :oops:      :D

Pleased everybody had a Good day      

Looks like the weather was alot kinder than the last one we did     :oops:      

Thanks again to all those who supported the day     :t-up:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Pew

• stu999

• DAVE O

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick note to say that I have uploaded a few more pics a few people going sideways to the site...

Thanks to Sowts for the shots...

BigRuss - twas me. Let me know if you need one - I keep a seal in stock :) Glad you had a good time :cool:

I think it was just so that Stu999 and the "king of bling" could have a moment in private.... words like foreplay, prop and shaft were heard.....

The King of Bling just wanted a hand in polishing the underside of his car - there was no way he was going to get it all done through lunch :p  :devil:  :sheep:

Good day and great weather. Was good to put some faces to names - thanks for letting me come and play  

Good to meet you Dave. Great weather eventually, anyway!!! :D

Quick note to say that I have uploaded a few more pics a few people going sideways to the site...

Thanks to Sowts for the shots...

Yep that was pretty sideways still don't know how the fc*k i didn't spin  :D  :D

:(

What is the rest of the motor like?

So Far the Crank Journal is Oval and the Rod is Scrap Mate    :oops:

Oliver has it all in bits at the moment

No problem. Crank off fir a regrind which us good news as thus morning we thought it might need a new crank.

Should be back in a couple of weeks with a new con rod and the rest fully balanced and new shells to exactly match the crank and con rods.

May go even faster now all the con rods will be working togeher rather than #1 shells spinning on the crank.

Oli is working his magic.

:(

What is the rest of the motor like?

So Far the Crank Journal is Oval and the Rod is Scrap Mate    :oops:

Oliver has it all in bits at the moment

Aye, that is nearly always the case - like mine was, after the club run!

What about pistons, bores etc? And any idea what caused the failure? Fairly unusual for #1 to fail...

Well with Oliver Sadly Jobless at the moment Mate i think He's going to give it a Birthday whilst its in bits

Fair to say it was Breathing abit Heavy before this happened anyway    :oops:      :suspect:

But it was still Quick    :devil:

EDIT -    i was surprised No 1 Failed, i'd of thought No 4 would have died     :suspect:     ???

Pistons fine bores fine head fine.  

Just the crank and con rod.

Crank now being ground will be back better than ever.

The failure was due to the conrod bearing cases over lapping then spinning when pushed hard at 6500! Now I know where the squeal has benn comming from at that level!!! Only been a year LOL.

Number it seems may have had some history as the bottom bracket if from a different set than the rest. We suspect that someone had a problem and popped new shells in without putting it on a mic to check. The crank had A dia difference of .9 mm between horiz and virt.

Anyways on the mend now with a regrind news shells conrod and assoc balance new rings etc. May go a little better and will drop the breathing.

Lets wait and see.

Number it seems may have had some history as the bottom bracket if from a different set than the rest. We suspect that someone had a problem and popped new shells in without putting it on a mic to check. The crank had A dia difference of .9 mm between horiz and virt.

Mmm. The crank has gone *because* of the spun shell. Mine lasted approximately 4 miles with 'only' half the ovality of that on the crank journal.

Also, you might struggle to get rid of that ovality with a grind. Is the crank standard size at the moment?

What was causing the breathing - rings? ???