SVA arse.

megabusa

Westfield will happily build you a new chassis with the same number as an old westie, as long as you give them the old chassis so that they can destroy it. I am doing this on saturday.

MegaB

Found this...............

Agreeing wholehearedly with the advice above to join the Yahoo Groups BEC board, here's the quick version of bike engines and SVA. If it's a post August 1995 engine you'll need a cat. If the bike's EFI then that's not much of a problem so long as the injection system can run the right fuel ratio at idle. If it's pre-August 1995 then that's not a problem but since yours is 1999 that's not relevant.

There were a few loopholes used to avoid the cat rule but these appear to be closed now, or at least are liable to be objected to by the VRO. So, the clever option is to fit the temporary cat system (called a Kit Cat) which Formula 27 rent and Fisher Sportscars sell (and I think they may rent them too). It consists of a silencer with a built-in cat and a lectronic box of tricks attached to an air valve which adds the right amount of air to the inlet manifold to get the air/fuel mixture correct.

If it's a self-built car you don't need the cat after SVA as the MOT test is visible smoke only so you can then give it back to whoever you got it off. Alternatively, if it's a popular engine like a Fireblade and it's on carbs then you can buy a pre-1995 engine, use it to get through SVA, then sell it and put yours in. You should get the money you paid for the engine back again and it's less hassle than it sounds - I can get my Blackbird engine out of the car in just under 30 minutes these days, and I'm a mechinical muppet.

Hope this helps

Dan

Furrybird Q660 KKL