long range tank fuel guage

white van man

Iv got about 23 litres of fuel in my tank and my guage is only just showing above empty i guess the tank is now about 2 3rds full,  how can i make the guage read more accuratly?

Given the long range tank is deeper than the normal one I would guess you probably only have the standard sender fitted, so it only registers above a certain level.

Best bet is to pull the sender out, check the length and angle of the arm and see if that helps.

The below link might be of some use. it says to stick a 120 ohm resistor in parallel with the wires from the sendor. i stuck it in behind the dash.

Link

Mine read 1/4 full when the tank was full. I followed the mod in the link and now it reads as it should

cheers mate much appreciated... just to confirm does it need to be in seriese or parrelel to the sender

Sorry, it should be in parallel, i dit it as per ijonsson

You can also put the resistor near the Instrument cluster between yellow wire number 1A (in connector 1) and ground. You can easily follow the fuel gauge connection on the circuit board on the back of the Instrument cluster to find the right wire.

It's easier than removing the roll bar.

/Inge