Zetec Induction

matt_c

Talk nicely to Ginetta, they do a superb forward facing plenum, I think it was or is used in G20 racing. This has bellmouths within the plenum. Antone interested I will take photos. Brilliant piece of engineering. But you do have to cut the bonnet, upsides cold air = performance.

Standard WF/Ford induction as of 2005  :t-up:

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

Hi matt,

I thought you 'd gone, how are you doing?

cheers

john

birkin used to be linked a bit to Nicholson Mclaren engines.... so if you want an intake that maybe talk to then too :-)

- and get an engine or two if they have a couple lying around spare - get one for me please !

Great thinking, take the air from the hotest part of the engine bay

I've got an original 1996 Ford ECU EEC IV plus plenum on mine which is what Ben used to have as well. It was the orignal 130 version where the inlet to the filter goes over the top of the engine and now there is a nice cone filter at the back of the engine.

It's actually the coolest place for inlet air when the bonnet is the one with the offset bulge (like a V8 bonnet but offset to clear inlet manifold) as I did some testing.  I'd even purchased some inlet pipework to move the inlet, but after the testing it stayed where it was and the expensive vacuum hose is still in the garage.

Hi matt,

I thought you 'd gone, how are you doing?

cheers

john

PM incoming  :t-up: