Westfield vs MK Indy

evo.rocks

hi guys, as you know from my last post i am currently in the search for a bike engined car, i went out in a car powered one last night - they are not to my taste. 0-60 in the bike is quicker and is more suited to drive for a weekend car where i live plus i prefere the noise a bike engine makes.

My mate has his westy for sale for £8500, 2001 registered, but i have found a few my indys around the 6000 mark like this which are newer and much cheaper:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1004477.htm

How do these compare to the westfield for build quality?taking in to condideration they are built to the same quality.

Ime talking about the chassis, how it handles, performs, quality of materials, comfort etc?

Also does a q plate make a difference to a normal registration like on the westy ( X reg )?

Thanks

That a nice looking MK Indy and they are good cars. Not quite as good as westfield in handling dept but still better than many other brands.

Kawazaki is good engine and box

For road 15" wheels ok but I would prefer 13" for track

Pay your money and take your chance

Q reg plate helps avoid emissions test

so apart from handling they are pretty much the same car, without the badge.

This car is also a couple of grand cheaper so would you go for the MK.

Would there be much difference in power between the two?

Well, at a lot would argue that the handling is basicaly what these car have.

Although that doesnt mean you cant have a racepreped indy that doesnt out handle a backyard westfeild. As well as vice-versa.

Ofcause, as you may be expecting, you not going to get an unbiased veiw coming onto a westfeild forum! However i quite seriously looked at the MK indy, partiularly at a time when i was considered going down the bike engined route (not that again, you cnt have eather of eather) but ended up in the end with an older westfeild over the indy, as although it was an older car, i seamed to be geting as much if not more for the money (£4k) with a more assured resale value (as £4 is basicaly basment for a westfield). That and i found one i liked, that was local, athte right time and money.

Daniel

I have not yet seen the indy in person. How much do these differ in appearance to the westfield fireblade?

Are they longer or narrower, whats the crack with them?

MK Indy is a slightly wider car and a BEC one does handle well and unless you are against the clock or a good driver on track you might not spot a lot of differenc

Westfield will be slightly more expensive to buy and will hold s/h value if that is a concern. Build quality is important as well as parts used for build.

PS

I have had several Westfields and brother started with MK and now has Wetsfield

I have driven both on track and road

could you see much value been lost if i owned if for say 2years from now, and the price is £6400 at the minute?

Plus the westfield at £8500 from now until 2 years in time, how much would that lose?

Which would have more power the MK with kawasaki 900cc ninja engine or the westy with the blade? would it be noticeable?

The resale value is a difficult thing to predict since it's almost a guarantee that once you've bought one you'll throw money at it like there's no tomorrow to make it better / faster / lighter / whatever. You may then not be re-selling the same spec of car.

Kawazaki versus blade?

Probably just the Kawazaki in right hands but the blade is not slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leaving them as they are would they loose much value though. which would depriciete quicker and does age affect the depreciation. Like the westy is 2001 and registered x plate, and the mk is a 2003 q plate.

which would hold its value better or are they all the same if looked after properly?

which would hold its value better or are they all the same if looked after properly?

Crystal Ball time!!!!!

I doubt that there will be much in it, if you really want to know then look at similar cars 2 years older..... ;)  :p