VX 2lt XE

Tubs

For Sale, Vauxhall DOHC 16V 2.0 L with Jenvey direct to head ITB on Emerald ECU.

The engine currently resides at Northampton Motorsports, courtesy of Troy, and I'm looking for £2K ono for the complete engine.

Engine now provisionally sold!

Tubs

is the engine standard other than the TB's? Any internal mods?

I take it bell housing, mountings etc are not included? How about sump?

Whats the background of the engine and would you split engine and TB's / ECU?

Sorry for the barage of questions! I can see NMS from the back of my house if you'd rather I wandered down and spoke to Troy?

Found a bit more info from when I bought it :-

2.0 16valve xe

Jenvey direct to head throttle bodies

Kent AST1612 fast road cams, vernier pulleys

Peco high flow injectors

High performance bosch fuel pump

MBE 956 ecu mapped by Dennis Vessey 211bhp

SBD manifold.

Hope this helps.

Tubs

Sounds about right to me.

185bhp is the figure quoted by Troy at NHMS, and to be honest, driving the car it didn't feel as quick as my old Zetec that had 190bhp. It does have much better mid range torque, but after 5,500 rpm, where the Zetec seemed to come alive, the VX just left me feeling disappointed.

Tubs.

Hi Tubbs

If you've changed to another engine do you have the fitting parts for this one as well (bellhousing, mounts etc?) How about sump?

Would you split engine and TB's / ECU?

Hi Tubbs

If you've changed to another engine do you have the fitting parts for this one as well (bellhousing, mounts etc?) How about sump?

Would you split engine and TB's / ECU?

As I've said before the engine is with Troy at NHMS and I'll do whatever causes him the least hassle whilst making me the most money.

Living in Jersey means that I can't really do much in terms of splitting the engine etc. so if I get a good offer for the complete unit I'll take that. I'll speak with Troy on Monday to try and clarify what a complete unit is and which bits he may not need for the new engine, as I suspect he's gone home now.

Kind regards,

Tubs.

185bhp is the figure quoted by Troy at NHMS, and to be honest, driving the car it didn't feel as quick as my old Zetec that had 190bhp. It does have much better mid range torque, but after 5,500 rpm, where the Zetec seemed to come alive, the VX just left me feeling disappointed.

Tubs.

185HP is about right for Kent AST1612 cams as they only have about 10mm lift and 260 deg duration, thats why you can run them without pocketed pistons

Mines running those cams with a big valve head and porting and polished with jenvey taper bodies and thats producing 210bhp with emerald ecu...

hopefully i can clear up the power question. we did a power run on the engine so when andrew advertised it he would same something to go on power wise. it was strong mid range but the mixture went very rich at the top end and you could see the power plot climbing strongly untill this point. with a bit of a tweak on the fuelling i'm sure ot would get over the 200 mark

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.