JK Composite seats

Dave_morton

Will a JK Composite seat, number N4246, fit into the drivers side of a widebody??  It is 42.5 cm wide, so to me sounds too big, but I am sure I read that someone on here had one in.  Also, are they easy to fit?? Would I bolt them onto the runners already in the car, or straight onto the floor??  Just need to be able to get my lardy  :arse:  into the car a bit easier.  :p

I think I need an eye test after staring at that chick in your avatar , something strange happening to my brain  :sheep:

Ho sorry , cant help with the seats but you could measure the car I suppose  :t-up:

Hi the drivers side fits in no problem in my wide body but the passanger side is narrower than the drivers side? And so will fit in without triming the side edge of the seat but sits right back against the rear bulkhead!

I wanted the seat a little further forward ( about 3" ) so that I could retrieve dropped items and clean the bulk head, and so the side edge needs 2mm dremeling off each side so that it sits further forward.

I have welded two metal straps across the existing chassis straps ( from the rear of the car towards the front and on to the existing cross box section of the chassis in the foot well) and then drilled the new strap 3" along it's length at each mounting point on the drivers side. This now allows adjustment on the drivers seat by simply loosening the nuts on the underside without compromising the strength of the mounting ( I snapped the previous Westfield supplied seat mounting frame on a track day due to my fat :arse: ).

By the way I opted for JK's solid seat mounting rather than the 'lip' style ( £20 per seat) because of the previous problem with the Westfield mount and they also return up the back of the seat making it very rigid.

Hope that helps.

Mark

got jk seats in my V8 fitted no problem used there mounts on the drivers side  (put rivnuts in the mounts)

fitted mounts first then the seat to them. Really easy to get in and out.

The passenger one bolted straight to the floor and made a mount up to bolt back to the firewall.

great comfy seats even with no padding

Mac 1 ones fit a treat, both sides

ps does that bird have 4 b****ts as well?

Cheers for all the replies, guess I can go ahead and get them ordered then.  May be begging for instillation pics very soon  ;-)

Dave, I picked my 2nd pair up yesterday as the first pair were to wide (N4246)  I have a wide body car (but not  :arse: )

If you measure the floor side ways (with out carpet) and then Call JK (Ask for Keith) and give him the measurements he will tell you what seats you need.  

They now make a seat 400mm wide (which fits my passenger side perfectly and also gives me a couple of mm to play with on the drivers side)

Haven't have time to fit them yet, but I’m in the process of buying some runners to fit the existing steal floor cross members.

Hope this helps

So if I am measuring the floor, do I remove the inner door things to measure it? (not sure what they are called, but it hides all the metal work on the inside of a car, like a door card, but without the door, so to speak(ish)!)

It depends if you want to keep them when the seats are fitted.  I have kept mine as its not a stripped out racing westy.

But if I do take them out, I am presuming there will be a little more rom to fit a bigger @ssed seat in.  mmmmmmm roomy  :-)

Yeah it should do........  Dont ask me how much more space it will give you, I have never taken mine off!!!  I guessing you will be tonight   :p  :p

Yeah, just took the ones that didn't fit back when they made the 400mm ones up.

Keith and Jordan both run JK are really nice, and will basically made you what ever size you need (within reason)  If you speak to them mention my name

• 2 weeks later...