Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

> Take out grey carpet, dye it black

Interesting ! What did you use to dye the carpets ?

> Take out grey carpet, dye it black

Interesting ! What did you use to dye the carpets ?

This stuff.  Worked a treat, but by heavens it's a messy job and make sure you do it somewhere SWMBO doesn't mind, because only white spirit will get it off hard surfaces, and even that's only if you work floody bast!

Just saw your car in your profile, REALLY looks good! Likey big style!  :t-up:  :love:

More W-I-P than I ever expected..........a bad case of "well, while I'm at it I might as well........." etc etc

Diff changed to 4.44 LSD

Gearbox changed to Quaife SCCR

New Fluke dashboard

ETB DigiDash

Steering wheel mounted switches for digidash controls

Column stalk for indicators, lights, horn etc

Battery change to gel, relocate under seat

New FIA switch, ignition switch & fuel pump switch etc

Relocate fuses, ECU, relays, DVR etc under scuttle

Hardwire in new DogCam camera system

......which has all meant a major re-wire job

New quick release scuttle & tunnel panels

Convert scuttle and nose cone to quick release

New engine mounts

Along the way I've found the chassis could do with some corrosion work, but that'll have to wait until the next winter (!!....spring, summer) upgrage fest as I fancy replacing that....

And mid-work I've just moved house so progress is slow. Beginning to wish I'd never started!

• 1 month later...

I am a very sad person!  But very happy with the outcome!

Old rocker cover:

dsc00507edited1.jpg

Extensive hunting on fleaBay until I got the one I wanted, installed today:

img00036201006121505.jpg

:cool:  :t-up:  :love:

Now that I've finished doing the re-doing interior and re-chroming the roll hoop as well, time to get the car out some place scenic and take some new photos of my girl!

I just fitted the new tyre I bought back from the UK 15 months ago. Does that count as an upgrade?

• 1 year later...
I just fitted the new tyre I bought back from the UK 15 months ago. Does that count as an upgrade?

how's that for the longest ever to answer a question  :p

anyway what you guys been up to with your motors?

I have fitted a viscous 7" slippy diff and tidied up the back end whilst I was routing around

The last alteration I did to the car was putting no4 cylinder conrod through the block last week.

Next alteration is fitting a new engine and box which I picked up at the weekend along with reconnecting the rev limiter to prevent this happening again.

Fraser

Got coolant and Valvoline 20w50 oil woot. Looking for an oil filter, might go with the one from burton.

Small numberplate for the front after cracking too many standard ones on speed bumps.

Tried a stick-on one but couldn't get it to look right, kept bubbling and wrinkling round the curves of the nose cone.

Quite a bit of basic work - brakes/fluids/belts/etc - that I always take care of with a new car (a bit OCD about liking to know precisely where things are up to), and full weighting/geo set-up done.

So, it's now on to some other mods/fixes:

1) New harnesses going in tomorrow evening (hopefully).

2) Refurbishing a new cam cover next week in an attempt to sort minor leak (currently needs a bit of liquid gasket to make the seal).  Hopefully swap out in a few weeks - timing dependent on when Mrs Coyote is out for a while, just in case the "no car parts in the kitchen" rule needs to be breached. ;)

3) ...and there's a custom sump on order.  Winged/gated, race derived thing as used by some single seaters.  Max depth no more than 1/4" more than dry sump (which gets me a good couple of inches of extra clearance) but fewer potential failure points and much lower cost.  Aiming to get that fitted in October, probably along with an oil cooler + 'stat.

So, on balance, quite a bit going on.  Just hoping I don't catch upgradeitus!  :laugh:

Cigarette lighter socket and near side wing mirror in readiness for its trip to France fora road rally with the SKCC crew!

Oooh yes, I forgot that.  Also fitted a cigarette lighter socket for sat nav too (got lost in North Wales and ended up running on vapour so figured it would be useful to know where fuel could be found!).