Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

still waiting for my next upgrade  :(

Nirvana dude thanks  :durr: What i was driving at was i dont know my advance on the ignition, need to speak with the engine builders, so i can adjust for uprated cam settings. I used a timing light to set to standard ignition (electronic ignition no points) but car was badly retarded, so i advanced it not knowing how much as i do not know the separation of the timing marks on the bottom pully, and went past them anyway...I'm no expert in these matters so please excuse the gibberish... :p

Yes, did a victory lap of my drive!!

hehe ... hows the tuning going?

well mirrors finally arrived - the side ones are copy GXSR mirrors in carbon fibre look-a-likey finish - £45 from ebay inc post - they look pretty good I think

the centre mirror was not as planned - I tried to order one from carbon bits - they said that they werent doing another production run of the centre mirror for another 8-10 weeks

so decided to go standard black as the other carbon fibre ones i have seen are a lot more money

SANY1027.jpg

SANY1028.jpg

I like to remind myself how the car looked when I first had it - keeps me motivated -

car when purchased

SANY0140-3.jpg

and car as it is now

SANY1029.jpg

me thinks a car when you first bought it and a car now thread would be interesting?

anyway ractech 255mm D shaped wheel and racetech QR now ordered

So you have made the jump..........  well done, if I was to loose the screen, her in doors wouldn't get in it again....  might be a good thing  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Still need to change those lights tho, just to let you know I will be fitting my new smaller lights over the winter, so I will be selling my Carbon Look ones if you want then???

Hi Tom

yeah took the plunge with the screen - not regretting it yet

most of the time even with screen I had helmet on anyway so not much change really - looking ofrwards to getting some Mickmade half doors

I do feel a little vulnerable at the sides

First refusal on the lights would be smashing  :t-up:  I am still umming and arring about those black ones I had  :0

How's your beasty? you getting much se out of it?

Hi Tom

yeah took the plunge with the screen - not regretting it yet

most of the time even with screen I had helmet on anyway so not much change really - looking ofrwards to getting some Mickmade half doors

I do feel a little vulnerable at the sides

First refusal on the lights would be smashing  :t-up:  I am still umming and arring about those black ones I had  :0

How's your beasty? you getting much se out of it?

Done a couple of trackdays with my local club and we have an other on next Wednesday at Castle Combe......

I had the car at my Wedding a couple of weeks ago which was ace, got some great photos.......

5151_119092262323_660262323_3374311_2343278_n.jpg

4816_216523960531_900790531_7389120_3566970_n.jpg

wow - congratulations chap  :t-up: and to get the car involved was a true result - she must be a diamond

I too had a westy cake, but for my 40th -- huh hum I mean my 30th  :D

Keep enjoying life

Cleggy your car looks soooooooo much better now it's untrue! Great effort. My carbon arches will finish that off really well. I'd loose the front plate as well if I were you. Awesome work though without spending loads. Gone from ghey.. To cool and hard! New front lights needed by the way I reckon though

Cleggy your car looks soooooooo much better now it's untrue! Great effort. My carbon arches will finish that off really well. I'd loose the front plate as well if I were you. Awesome work though without spending loads. Gone from ghey.. To cool and hard! New front lights needed by the way I reckon though

Thanks chap - just need a Bedford track day so we can hook up and exchange wings and monies

The front plate is on the list of things (maybe gonna get some of those little carbon deflector things for the nose) to do

Tom has some carbon look ones which he may be letting go soon?

And yup you guessed it, I shall be replacing the indicators (the whole thing and replace with bike LED ones) much smaller, neater, brighter and less wind resistance - really hate the std donkies ears that I have atm

Hows your motor? got it back from Pro alloy yet?

ProAlloy finished a while back. The cars been at bodyshop for while

Its currently looking like this!!!

585669d7.jpg

Paint should be all finished by friday....  bonnet and boot done already

dcfd02fc.jpg

and rear bit...

33453f30.jpg

Then poor Pollyx has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much work to do!!!!!!!

Your carbon cycle wings are in my garage now mate :)

lol fookin hell m8 ... what happened to shedding weight - there must be at least 5 gallons of paint on it now  :p

it's gonna look good though  :t-up:

Here's my latest upgrade ..OMG what have I let myself in for

SANY1160.jpg

SANY1161.jpg

• 9 months later...

bring this old thread back to life

what you guys been up to in the upgradicus departments - for me nowt due to the above post  :(

While the narrow body is still looking pretty good (apart from the crazed bonnet which needs the attention of someone who knows what they're doing with GRP - anyone?), the interior needed an update.  Never liked the grey carpets, grey interior side panels and grey dash that came with it when I bought the car.  So:

> New rocker switches (old ones sun bleached)

> Recover dash panel in black

> Fit heater hose and dash vent (heater just kind of dropped hot air behind the dash before, very useful)

> New warning lights

> Redo interior side panels in black

> Take out grey carpet, dye it black

> New harnesses in black instead of red

> Trim wind deflectors edges with chrome to finish

> Remove old 7" Mini headlights, replace with smaller 5.75" halogens

> Roll hoop getting re-chromed as we speak

Photos before and after when complete in a week or so.  She's looking pretty good for an 18-year-old!

been a busy boy - you better get some piccies up  :t-up:

been a busy boy - you better get some piccies up  :t-up:

Nowhere as busy as you, Cleggy! But will do once roll hoop is back.  :t-up: