Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Yes, did a victory lap of my drive!!

hi nomexnomad.

my pinto is about the same as yours,stage 3 twin 45s and k&ns and when recently tuned came up about 165bhp.

you must have a BIG drive :D

Cleggy, you are trying quite hard to beat me mate,is it worth it. lol :devil:

you must have a BIG drive

Ha Ha shanks's pony for the victory lap! spent an hour last night tuning her up and now i think with a few more tweaks on the road i will have something i can live with till i can get it booked into NMS. Went for a drive last night thinking "10:00pm..its dark...warm breeze...perfect piece of night blatting" turns out i reached the end of my road and the clutch was slipping!!

See newbies section under: How much does an MT75 Gbox weigh? you may be able to help me out!

I'm going to replace my shocks with with Leda coilovers - has anyone else tried these as I've not heard them mentioned in regard to Westies?

Yeah, not much mention of LEDA alright, and I'd probably stick with some of the more popular brands, as they'll probably do kits which are better valved for light-weight cars such as Westfield. Try AVO or Protech.

Cleggy,

Do those side mirros fix through the scuttle or just through the aero screen?  I am looking at making the car swappable between full screen and aero.

Also, were the mirrors from a supplier on e-bay or just a one off?  Would be interested in getting a pair.

Finally, those stone guards look good, are they carbon mods too?

Right thas enough questions for one afternoon....

Hi

I purposely put them just through the aero  :t-up: they are nice and secure - easier for getting em off if required and if you manage to hit one it wont damage the scuttle

mirrors were off ebay - just search for gxsr carbon mirrors - 45 quid inc post

the stone gaurds are standard carbon look westy ones

cheers

Cleggy

hey Cleggy

NICE SEATS  LOL ! !  ! !

car is looking very nice

thanks m8  :t-up:  wheres the latest pics of your beasty?

I'm going to replace my shocks with with Leda coilovers - has anyone else tried these as I've not heard them mentioned in regard to Westies?

Yeah, not much mention of LEDA alright, and I'd probably stick with some of the more popular brands, as they'll probably do kits which are better valved for light-weight cars such as Westfield. Try AVO or Protech.

Would love to hear more info for LEDA,but bropably not been used a lot,also the "correct" mirror possition on aero is the mirrors on the aero or in the body?

Latest edition to the Xtreme is some new Sabelt harnesses.

Just hope I never have to use them in anger.

cleggy dont do the 225 d shape wheel

i have one which will be coming off at first chance

when you need a bit of opposite lock they are not very good too small

also on tight turns you need to take hands off the wheel to feed it through your hands (not good at speed )

Update... Tuning is finished, it's about as good as im gonna get without a RR session anyways... I do have a hesitation on part throttle till it opens on mains but i'm thinking this is emulsion tube size and i am reluctant to change it in case its my tuning thats way off..Ive done it without a dwell meter too so ignition timing is a best guess, but it doesn't pink, it doesnt pop or bang and idles well so i must be in the ball park. Time to select a RR company..any ideas...Is it a no brainer? NMS?

NMS seem to be the most highly spoke of company on these forums - dont remember ever seeing a bad word spoke of them

Nomexwhatsit. A dwell angle meter is for setting the points gap. It can be done almost as good with a feelre gauge. You need a timing light to set the ignition timing if you're trying to set it with the engine running. It can be set static without tools.